S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Off-topic Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/off-topic-talk-3/)
-   -   Man vs Wild (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/off-topic-talk-3/man-vs-wild-509256/)

dyhppy 07-20-2007 12:42 PM

Man vs Wild

One of the most interesting shows on tv, Discovery channel.

The guy is insane. he drank the moisture from elephant dung to stay alive in africa.

Anyone seen it?

Robs14 07-20-2007 01:03 PM

I like survivor man better.

APLUS2K 07-20-2007 01:11 PM

He drank his own piss on the Australian Outback one....Bear is freaking crazy!

Zangerzone 07-20-2007 01:12 PM

I guess you missed the one where he drank his pee due to lack of water in Australia.

Zangerzone 07-20-2007 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by APLUS2K,Jul 20 2007, 01:11 PM
He drank his own piss on the Australian Outback one....Bear is freaking crazy!

he beat me to it by a second. :banghead:

trainwreck 07-20-2007 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by dyhppy,Jul 20 2007, 01:42 PM
One of the most interesting shows on tv, Discovery channel.

The guy is insane. he drank the moisture from elephant dung to stay alive in africa.

Anyone seen it?

yea i saw that one. it was soooooooo nasty.

but... like all tv, everything is staged. he isnt really surviving anything.

just a few examples of things staged:

episode where he has to float down a cold river, u can tell he is wearing a wetsuit underneath this clothes.

episode in africa, he conveniantly turns a corner and finds a cave to sleep in.

episode where he searches for food but wont eat an endangered animal... if he was really trying to survive, he would have killed it.

he does do rediculous nature stunts tho like drinking diearrehea water, so i guess thats entertaining.

dyhppy 07-20-2007 01:19 PM

ur right it's not completely realistic, but you have to give him credit for some things

OverBooster 07-20-2007 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by trainwreck,Jul 20 2007, 03:14 PM
yea i saw that one. it was soooooooo nasty.

but... like all tv, everything is staged. he isnt really surviving anything.

just a few examples of things staged:

episode where he has to float down a cold river, u can tell he is wearing a wetsuit underneath this clothes.

episode in africa, he conveniantly turns a corner and finds a cave to sleep in.

episode where he searches for food but wont eat an endangered animal... if he was really trying to survive, he would have killed it.

he does do rediculous nature stunts tho like drinking diearrehea water, so i guess thats entertaining.

I don't think he REALLY needs to actually survive or put his life in danger (although he has) in order to show you how to survive. It is the basics and principles that he brings up that are going to save you.

And how stupid would that be to kill an endangered species when he is merely showing you how to survive. I think every educated person watching the show (except for some maybe) understand the concept of killing an animal and cooking the meat on a fire. I don't think he needed to kill an animal to get 'that' point across.

UnkieTrunkie 07-20-2007 01:50 PM

I don't need Bear, I have Raptor :schleimer:

PDX S2000 07-20-2007 02:04 PM

Drinking pee seemed easy compared to drinking the water out of elephant poo, or that eyeball from the mountain goat!

awesome show!