S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Off-topic Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/off-topic-talk-3/)
-   -   Over protective? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/off-topic-talk-3/over-protective-277146/)

spa01s2k 03-20-2005 12:11 AM

Over protective?

I've had my S2000 for about a year and a half, and no one but me has drove it. Recently my friend asked if she could drive my car. I said that I would give it some thought. I have never let anyone drive my car, and for good reason. A few days later I told her that she could, but I'm not so sure that I want her to. This car is my baby, what should I do?

HoshNasi 03-20-2005 01:33 AM

Say no? Tough one man. I would consider it if she said she wanted to make a decision on buying one. Otherwise, sorry

VTEC_Junkie 03-20-2005 03:16 AM

tell her only in exchange for sex... :LOL:

but seriously, just let her drive it. what is the big deal?? even if she is a bad driver, 5 mins of her driviing will not cause nearly as much wear and tear as you have imposed on your car throughout the year and a half, assuming you drive it spiritedly on a regular basis (otherwise, what is the point of owning an s2000, right??). furthermore, since your car is 2001, and you've owned it for a year and a half, then obviously you bought your car used, so some other person(s) before you had driven your car, and for all you know, it may had been driven poorly and abused throughout those 1.5-2 years. so in that sense, it's even more rediculous for your not wanting others to drive your car, when some other person(s) has owned and driven your car for 1.5-2 years prior to your becoming the owner.

shareall 03-20-2005 06:31 AM

IMO, it depends if you trust her. There are people I wouldn't let drive my S because they're just plain bad drivers. :LOL:
However, there are many other people I know who are great drivers. When I get into the car and drive, it's a great feeling - if other people can experience that by driving my car, then that's great!
Ultimately it's your car and you say you've never let anyone drive your car 'for good reason' - so if it is a good reason, then don't let anyone drive the car! ;)

nVz2000 03-20-2005 07:19 AM

What is she gonna do? Borrow it for a weekend or go grab some groceries around the block?

I agree w/ Brother Junkie...

allkingz 03-20-2005 08:00 PM

I won't let my friends drive my S2000, but I'm a osshole and they're bad drivers.

VTEC_Junkie 03-20-2005 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by allkingz,Mar 20 2005, 09:00 PM
I won't let my friends drive my S2000, but I'm a osshole and they're bad drivers.

really?? i value my friends more than i value my cars... ;)

allkingz 03-20-2005 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by VTEC_Junkie,Mar 20 2005, 11:16 PM
really?? i value my friends more than i value my cars... ;)

Yeah, but most of them really aren't interested in driving my car.

ImportSport 03-21-2005 07:36 AM

I am very selective about who I would let drive my car. Essentially no one ever drives my car, but there are a few exceptions and these people have proven themselves as compotent drivers who would also let me drive their cars which they care equally about.

dcak 03-21-2005 10:16 AM

If we were talking about a $23K Accord or Camry, would you guys feel the same way?

I understand you wanting to baby it.. I did for the first year or more. But really, my 01 is only a $18k car now, so what's the big deal? If I owned a Porsche or Ferrari, I might feel different. Then again, I might have enough money that I wouldn't give 2 schits.