Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Writing help

Old 07-09-2019, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Writing help

Guys, at the moment I am finishing my second year at the university and am writing a research proposal. The topic is related to the history of the automotive industry in the United States. I really apologize for the offtopic, but since this is an automotive forum, I decided to write in the hope of receiving from you tips and materials on the topic. I will be very grateful.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:56 AM

What is so special about research proposal? I just hear about this kind of scientific work for the first time.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:57 AM

A research proposal is a document proposing a research project, generally in the sciences or academia, and generally constitutes a request for sponsorship of that research. Proposals are evaluated on the cost and potential impact of the proposed research, and on the soundness of the proposed plan for carrying it out. Research proposals generally address several key points: What research question(s) will be addressed, and how they will be addressed. How much time and expense will be required for the research. What prior research has been done on the topic. How the results of the research will be evaluated. How the research will benefit the sponsoring organization and other parties. Esto, in fact, you see that this is quite a serious type of work that you need to approach as responsibly as possible, so I want to buy a research proposal paper in an online company that deals with such issues as Edusson The reviews are excellent and the examples of works that I looked at, I was very impressed.

Last edited by qusserel; 07-11-2019 at 12:32 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:55 AM

Received 291 Likes on 270 Posts

Subject seems waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big to me.

As you note a research proposal is for getting a grant -- someone to pay for this. Depending on who you want to pay for it there are specific formats used. My wife does this all the time in the medical field. But she's doing experimental research, not what's called "literature review" which is what this sounds like unless you have access to archives with original documents from (say) Benz, Ford, etc.
A Google search of "history of auto industry" turned up "about 456,000,000 results (1.01 seconds)" so just reading each these links/articles at one/second would take roughly 15 years...

-- Chuck

Last edited by UnkieTrunkie; 07-10-2019 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Cugnot's steam car dates to 1769, in France.