Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Aftermarket Seats Gallery

Old 08-21-2017, 04:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So I had to edit my reply from yesterday.. I did some measurements in my car last night with head room using my stock passenger seat vs my Pole Position with recaro rails on my drivers side. My head room is exactly the same under neath my hard top but the angle of the bottom part of the bucket seat is at a higher incline so my knees are much closer to the steering wheel... So for those wondering as far as these seats go with recaro rails with planted tech bases they are exactly stock height when at the lowest position but your knees will be closer to the steering wheel if your around 6ft tall like me.

Last edited by 8.5kallday; 08-23-2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone tried the ABE/TUV version of Pole Position?

I'm struggling to fit it...!

As i found out is 2-3cm wider in the hips.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

good info on the pp rail combo. i have a recaro rail already so may have to get pci/ballade rails later.

current auto-x set up in my03 (asm is-11 sr6s) and mydori (sr4 artistas). ran the sr6s in mydori last season and liked them so much i swapped them over.

Old 09-25-2017, 03:07 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I currrently have PCI rails and they are definitely the lowest rail from the few that I've had experiences with. I was originally using Buddy Club rails and picked up a set of Bride rails, but they unfortunately sat higher and so I ditched the Bride rail idea. I recently picked up the PCI rails and they are solid, provide a ton of adjustability, and sit almost on the floor after I flipped the side mounts from side to side.

Aftermarket Seats Gallery-3mfoebf.jpg
The following users liked this post:
Er1c99 (09-04-2021)
Old 09-30-2017, 01:14 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

The problem with the PCI sliders is they won't work for someone with less than around a 30" inseam. Even then, you need to use a flat headed allen bolt for the front right mount, clearance the side mount, and need to use a very low profile ratchet with a allen bit to get the bolt tightened. You also can't use the sub mounts since they are too far back.

If you slide your side mounts as far forward and right as you can you'll see what I mean.

That being said, I run one this way as there is no better out of the box solution. I find it to be such a pain in the ass I've been tempted to drill the threads out of the front right mount and use a through bolt.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

made a thread but nobody got back to me so putting it in here haha

Hey guys

I've researched the forum for a while now and can not seem to find a definitive answer to my question. I am looking for seat rails to install Recaro Pole Positions in my S2000 which will provide a seating position which is just ever so slightly lower than OEM. I am 5"7 and do not want to sit too low compared to the stock seating position. From what I gather from reading through various threads, I understand that Bride RO rails or Recaro Japan Rails will provide this outcome, and the other options such as buddyclub etc will sit too low for my requirements. Can anyone provide any firm insight into their experiences with the various options and recommend which setup I should go for please, I would greatly appreciate that.

Thank you very much S2ki family
Old 10-12-2017, 02:52 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fizzle
made a thread but nobody got back to me so putting it in here haha

Hey guys

I've researched the forum for a while now and can not seem to find a definitive answer to my question. I am looking for seat rails to install Recaro Pole Positions in my S2000 which will provide a seating position which is just ever so slightly lower than OEM. I am 5"7 and do not want to sit too low compared to the stock seating position. From what I gather from reading through various threads, I understand that Bride RO rails or Recaro Japan Rails will provide this outcome, and the other options such as buddyclub etc will sit too low for my requirements. Can anyone provide any firm insight into their experiences with the various options and recommend which setup I should go for please, I would greatly appreciate that.

Thank you very much S2ki family
Look into the Ballade rails. I ran that setup with a Pole Position and the seating position and height was fantastic. I'm around your height.
The following users liked this post:
fizzle (10-16-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 07:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i currently have some Sparco Evo seats in my s2000 but am kind of wanting to get something a bit more daily driver friendly. going back to OEM is always a choice, but i want like an in between of the oem seats and a tight fitting sparco/race style seat. preferably ones that can recline and slide. anyone have any recommendations? thanks!
Old 10-20-2017, 09:31 AM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by spakky
i currently have some Sparco Evo seats in my s2000 but am kind of wanting to get something a bit more daily driver friendly. going back to OEM is always a choice, but i want like an in between of the oem seats and a tight fitting sparco/race style seat. preferably ones that can recline and slide. anyone have any recommendations? thanks!
bride stradia or recaro sr-6/7 are good choices. sat and drove in both but preferred the sr-6/7s since more comfy and asm ftw. gl!
Old 10-23-2017, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Ballade rails look promising. I think I am going to eventually switch to them. I really don't like the Bride LF rails that I have for my Vios III.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Seats Gallery