Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Aftermarket Seats Gallery

Old 04-09-2018, 08:50 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
A lot of racing seats lack head rest padding to make room for helmets. That being said, seats like RSG (and leather PP's imo) probably have more padding because they may or may not meant to be more comfy for off track use.
True - I am comparing it to the RSG. Just surprised at how thin it is!
Old 04-10-2018, 12:05 AM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Chibo
Most of the bucket seats don't allow the stock belt to sit properly on the waist anyway.
Pole Position FIA can easily be setup to have lap belts sit just as tight over your hips as the ABE version really. As can pretty much any other Recaro seat. There is plenty of space to route through lap belt holes if done properly to have the belts sit just as tightly against your hips and in the proper position.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by arsenal
Does anyone else notice the lack of foam at the portion where the head rests against the seat on the Pole Position? Compared to the RSG it’s rather uncomfortable and worrying in the case of an accident. It feels like it’s literally just the seat cover then the fiberglass
The OEM S2000 seats don't have much head padding actually. The 06+ headrests don't really feel much different than a Pole Position headrest.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:08 AM

Yep would be a big seller I’d imagine.
I found a way to do this using Schroth lap belt parts. Mounted just like Schroth mounts lap belts on some of their harnesses. - https://www.s2ki.com/forums/automoti.../#post24439463
Old 04-10-2018, 10:50 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Pole Position FIA can easily be setup to have lap belts sit just as tight over your hips as the ABE version really. As can pretty much any other Recaro seat. There is plenty of space to route through lap belt holes if done properly to have the belts sit just as tightly against your hips and in the proper position.
But if you reallllly want to get technical about it, ABE seems the obviously safer choice for belt routing, especially for not-so-skinny people that fill in the PP seat more. The seat belt receptacle is meant to be at your hip, basically on your side, not at all across the front of your pelvis. If you're skinny enough, sure this is possible with a PP. But I've seen a lot of people with the PP end up running the receptacle too long because they simply don't have the extra ~2" to fit the receptacle between their hip and the seat so it ends up sitting in front of the pelvis a bit. When it's in front of the pelvis, it changes the location of 2nd point and not allowing the 3 pt belt to reach around your torso as much as it really should--probably increasing the risk of your torso slipping past the shoulder belt in an accident. Regular bucket seats don't have the ABE-style widened waist because they're meant for racing harnesses which buckle at the front-center of your body so there's no need for extra accommodations [at the side] for a 1-2mm thick belt.

Obviously it's a nit pick about safety. I'm sure the majority of S2000 owners don't care THAT much about safety otherwise we wouldn't be running aftermarket steering wheels w/o air bags. Just wanted to point it out though--ABE has it's place and it's design certainly results in safety benefits that can't necessarily be matched by the regular PP.
The following users liked this post:
Chibo (07-24-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 11:00 AM

True - I am comparing it to the RSG. Just surprised at how thin it is!
My SPG has basically zero padding as well, because it's original intention was just as a motorsports seat. I think the RSG is purposefully designed with more padding. The reason i originally mentioned my leather PP is because i have owned both a regular cloth and the leather. The Leather had significantly more padding than the cloth. My only guess is that Recaro, or whoever spec'd the seat for design, did it purposefully based on who the market would be for the seat. No track cars would likely be using leather buckets! They probably figured they'd be used in GT street cars. I was thinking the same would apply to the RSG....as i believe they are a Japan only model, so i'm sure Recaro Japan and/or ASM spec'd the seat specifically for owners who just wanted a nice seat for their street car. IDK that's just my guess. I see ASM posting RSG installs all the time and they're always going into nice street cars with full interiors/no roll bars, hardly ever track cars--which probably opt for halo'd seats anyway.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sparco QRT-R

Has anyone tried the Sparco QRT-R yet ? It looks very promising fitting in an S2000.

https://www.sparcousa.com/product/qrt-r

Last edited by Dcruz85; 06-18-2018 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-20-2018, 01:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Here are mine Buddy Club P1 limited seats.

Old 08-18-2018, 03:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For fear of posting another "do I fit" thread, I thought I would ask the question here. Since S2ki has one issue after spending a few hours sifting through the site..

there's just so much content.

Namely I am a 6 foot 4 brash american with a 38 inch waist and rough measurement of 34 inch inseam and own a 05 ap2. I've already done the foamectomy and hammered the seating brackets and it worked gloriously.

My knees ARE NOT touching the steering wheel and this position is about par for the course in regards to my size and small cars (e36 m3 and rx8 where about the same to be honest)

I have an NRG -301 (large) seat that has a 15 inch cross section where the tushy sits and I fit in that. so using extrapolative inference, can I assume most seats that have somewhere around a 14.9 to 15.4 seat base will be suitable?
on to of that

what FIA seats are available to me that also fit the s2000 with the PCI bracket? I read the PCI bracket is the way to go but you normies out there are mostly mid t0 high 5 foot range and 30-34 inch waists.

a few I have had to check out are the bride Zeta 3 L, Racetech RT4000W, Recaro Profi SPG Large.

your help is appreciated.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dcruz85
Has anyone tried the Sparco QRT-R yet ? It looks very promising fitting in an S2000.

https://www.sparcousa.com/product/qrt-r

It definitely looks like competition to the Pole Position. I’m too lazy to compare specs right now between the two but since the PP barely fits in the S, hopefully Sparco got the dimensions right for fitment in the S. It definitely looks good. I like the black logo as well.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Seats Gallery