Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

#&$#//#-*<<<14th Official Hard-at-work Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 10:17 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky
Hahahaha. I wouldn't go without registering after all the backlash the one person took for considering attending without registering!
I'm kidding btw.

I wish I was closer to the area. The 9ish hour drive is tiring. Lol
yea it's a lot longer drive for you lol. 4.5 hours for me. and I make the 3.5 hour drive usually about 2 times a month during the summer...

and I mean im just another OKI silverstone S2k... I'll blend right in...
Old 04-24-2017, 10:08 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by JR1de57
yea it's a lot longer drive for you lol. 4.5 hours for me. and I make the 3.5 hour drive usually about 2 times a month during the summer...

and I mean im just another OKI silverstone S2k... I'll blend right in...
hahahaha.... those damn OKI silverstones. :lol:
Old 04-24-2017, 10:43 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Saw a Triumph TR6 driving around last week looking like the driver was just learning to drive stick (he was stalling nonstop). I was tempted to stop and see what was up but didn't have the time. Then, later that day I saw that same TR6 on side of the road with a Buick slammed into the driver's side. Lots of body damage and the entire soft top was damaged too. The cops were already there, but I didn't see an ambulance, so hopefully the driver was ok... stay safe out there guys.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:13 PM

got the bike back up and running this weekend... man that felt good... missed it. also rode Fury's Demon Pony yesterday... bike is super torquey... scary and fun all at once LOL
Old 04-24-2017, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by NeutralSteer
Saw a Triumph TR6 driving around last week looking like the driver was just learning to drive stick (he was stalling nonstop). I was tempted to stop and see what was up but didn't have the time. Then, later that day I saw that same TR6 on side of the road with a Buick slammed into the driver's side. Lots of body damage and the entire soft top was damaged too. The cops were already there, but I didn't see an ambulance, so hopefully the driver was ok... stay safe out there guys.
wow... hopefully it wasn't because of the lack of knowledge on how to drive a stick... could see him pulling out in front of someone turning and stall it and get hit...
Old 04-25-2017, 07:22 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

got the bike back up and running this weekend... man that felt good... missed it. also rode Fury's Demon Pony yesterday... bike is super torquey... scary and fun all at once LOL
Nice! The 390 Duke looks like it's a ton of fun.

wow... hopefully it wasn't because of the lack of knowledge on how to drive a stick... could see him pulling out in front of someone turning and stall it and get hit...
I'm guessing it probably was the cause. The S was my first stick car, but I had been around race cars/motorcycles long enough to have it sort of figured out, but I feel the guy's pain. I bought my Civic right after too which allowed me to learn the nuisances a bit more before really driving the S much. I will say that not having much torque does make learning to drive stick a bit more tricky, and I'm sure this old of a TR6 has even less than my Civic.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:01 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I got my license and learned to drive stick in a car with 70hp and 80 lb/ft of torque. Course it was painted school bus orange, so you could see me from 2 miles away, if I pulled out in front of you, lol.

i felt most sorry for those behind me when stopped on a hill

man I miss that car.....
Old 04-26-2017, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by NeutralSteer
Nice! The 390 Duke looks like it's a ton of fun.

I'm guessing it probably was the cause. The S was my first stick car, but I had been around race cars/motorcycles long enough to have it sort of figured out, but I feel the guy's pain. I bought my Civic right after too which allowed me to learn the nuisances a bit more before really driving the S much. I will say that not having much torque does make learning to drive stick a bit more tricky, and I'm sure this old of a TR6 has even less than my Civic.

Thanks I have been loving it the last 2 years!

Had dinner with a bunch of the S2k crew before they head to Fontana and the Dragon tomorrow... to go or not to go...
Old 04-27-2017, 07:48 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Thanks I have been loving it the last 2 years!

Had dinner with a bunch of the S2k crew before they head to Fontana and the Dragon tomorrow... to go or not to go...

Breakin the law breakin the law

I kid I kid....
Old 04-27-2017, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mocky
Breakin the law breakin the law

I kid I kid....
i'm prolly gonna go sat. gonna message Ken and see if I can at least throw some funds to someone for the event even though im not gonna have much benefit except having the group together.

Quick Reply: #&$#//#-*<<<14th Official Hard-at-work Thread