S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Ohio S2000 Club (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/ohio-s2000-club-95/)
-   -   2004 Mid-Winter Meet (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/ohio-s2000-club-95/2004-mid-winter-meet-181507/)

OhioRacer 02-07-2004 12:29 PM

2004 Mid-Winter Meet

Ok, I've had it with snow and cold. It's time for our Mid-Winter get-together. I'd like to do it in February, as I have a trip scheduled in March, although mid-late March would be ok. I'd be happy to host it at my house again. I've got tons of room and it's pretty centrally located. Even closer for the C-Bus and Cincy folks. For this thread, I'd like people to weigh in on their preference for the date. I prefer Saturday evening, but Sunday is acceptable too (we WILL be watching NASCAR if it's a Sunday :D ) . Like last year, we want a summer theme. Therefore required attire is shorts and a t-shirt. Sunglasses optional :cool: . We will have food and beverages available. Since we talked about a wing meet, I'd like to propose that Aaron or Joe make a run to Romans in Madison (down the street from them) and pick up a few buckets to go. I can re-heat them here. I'll cover the costs again, but if folks could chip in with some additional food and beverages that would be appreciated. :thumbup:

Besides shooting the breeze, we'll rough out our event schedule for 2004, which will include smaller things like car shows as well as the semi-annual Ohio Route 26 run, and the big daddy of them all, Fall Colors 2004. S2000's are optional at this event. Winter beaters are ok. I'd love to meet a bunch of club members I have yet to meet in person. Hope you can all make it.

Here is a list of attendees:

Popeye
Mocky57
ScottF
bluerooster
spt-s2k
JAYZS2000
oshp515
red_ohio_rocket
StrangeDaze (crashing)
JonasM
PAS2KNut
Rogue3308
srlmartin
OhioRacer
David1 (crashing)
awsblink18
andrewb
Hardtopguy

JonasM 02-07-2004 12:32 PM

Either weekend day is fine with me, but not the 21st. As far as I can tell now, all other weekends can work.

(Heading upstairs to pick out some shorts from the summer clothes boxes...) :dance2:

JonasM

Mocky 02-07-2004 12:34 PM

Carmen..i missed you yesterday!!

but i'm going out on a limb here and saying that i'll make an ohio event for 2 straight times :thumbup:

shorts and t-shirt..sunglasses.. *memo*.. got it. i'm in. :thumbup:

OhioRacer 02-07-2004 12:47 PM

Yeah, sorry I missed the event. My #2 son changed his plans. Glad you can make it. What dates are best for you?

Popeye 02-07-2004 01:30 PM

Originally posted by OhioRacer
Yeah, sorry I missed the event. My #2 son changed his plans. Glad you cna make it. What dates are best for you?
Any weekend but next is fine with me. Maybe we'll get lucky and we'll get a 60degree weekend in Feb.
:thumbup:

Saab9-3 02-07-2004 02:42 PM

Late March will not be good for me because I will actually be utilizing my shorts and sunglasses in beautiful Sarasota, FL! I guess I will miss out on this event, but I will see everyone for all of the area meets, and especially the 2nd annual S2k/NSX run in the cincy area and the Fresh Water Tour (both of which I am putting together)

Dont forget to mention the Fresh Water Tour when you are talking about Fall Colors- just because we're new doesnt make us any less important :D

bluerooster 02-07-2004 04:08 PM

It's all good with me.

Chadwick 02-07-2004 09:07 PM

Give me some advanced notice to see if I can get off of work, and if I'm welcome I'll try to make it out.

spt-s2k 02-08-2004 01:48 AM

Originally posted by bluerooster
It's all good with me.

:iagree: But no shorts for me with these skinny legs:( ! Will also bring some additional food.
We had a fair crowd last year, hope more can make it this year:thumbup:
Thanks Carmen, for hosting this meet:dance2:.

OhioRacer 02-08-2004 03:58 AM

Originally posted by Chadwick
Give me some advanced notice to see if I can get off of work, and if I'm welcome I'll try to make it out.
Yes, of course you're welcome!

Saab, it may be in February so hopefully you can make it then.