Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Arthritis Foundation Auto Show

Old 04-22-2010, 12:53 PM

Received 218 Likes on 78 Posts
Post Arthritis Foundation Auto Show

It's official, the 28th annual Arthritis Foundation car show and friday cruise-in is on for the S2000s. Friday July 9 is the informal cruise in, which has been a great day to sit around, b.s., relax, and watch some cars. Saturday, we park in our spot (which is hopefully the same spot) and hang out with the gang. Traditionally, this has been one of the biggest events of the year and we y'all from all corners of Ohio and some from Meatchicken....

Info is here: http://www.arthritisautoshow.com/

No free duffle bag this year - you get a folding lawn chair for anyone who preregisters. $25 for friday only, $30 for saturday, and $45 if you want to do both days - which is what i'm going to do. Preregistration ends June 25.

We usually meet up for food and drinks on saturday after the show. If anyone has any suggestions or wants to take the lead on this, just let me know! During the past couple of years, this has been the event to show off the Honda Mid-Ohio 200 Indycar decals. No word on this yet....
Old 04-22-2010, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pgarratt..I've never been to the Dublin AF Car Show but in viewing the link it appears to be all Muscle cars. I've driven my S2000 to a couple of car shows in my area that is geared towrd the the older/muscle car era and the results were not good. I got ran out of both places while being made fun of and idiots spiting on my car. I made vow to never go back to another. Please tell me this function is not like this...I'm very gun shy about going to any gathering were there is anything but S2000's at the event.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:20 PM

BWS2K, This show includes antiques, foriegn and exotic cars, not just the muscle car group. I participated last year and the show was great, with the exception of the rain all day. We have a designated parking area for the S2000 and NSX groups and have a great time. Following the show Popeye and Lineworker hosted the cook-out at their house in Delaware, great food and great friends.
You'll hear from more participants than me, I'm sure, don't be gun shy of this event, come and enjoy. It's a great event.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:11 AM

Thanks Pete, I'll be there, great time. Are they going to sell meatchicken at one of the carney food stands?
Old 04-23-2010, 09:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be there for both days again.

BWS2K, it's a lot of fun and you get to see some badass cars both days. This year a couple of the marques are Miatas and Z cars.

I was gonna say that'll make us stick out less, but it doesn't help there's usually a couple dozen S's and over half with Mid-Ohio decals on them.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:44 PM

Received 218 Likes on 78 Posts

I didn't have much sucess finding the link for photos from previous years....

i hope no one is selling meatchicken this year
Old 04-23-2010, 04:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's one real quick I found, from '08 I think.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:11 PM

Here's a few of last years show, for your enjoyment.

Popeye's cook-out following the show.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the feedback and pic's it looks like a lot a fun. I just got involved with S2Ki last fall and I haven't had a chance to attend any events yet but I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys....I plan to attend the AF show and maybe Jay Hondafest. Thanks again guys.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:13 PM

I registered for both days when I got the email from the Arthritis Foundation last week.

Quick Reply: Arthritis Foundation Auto Show