Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

I am...

Old 06-03-2016, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...learning all about the cooling system. Radiator is cracked. I've been seeing a few coolant spots and thought maybe it was spraying out from under the cap for the last month or more. This week it got worse, but I couldn't find the leak. Today I topped it off and drove in to work and there was quite a bit of spray just from a 15 mile drive. Finally found the crack in the plastic. It's supposed to be an easy replacement...right? Looks like Moddiction has the Koyorad for $260. I've seen one from Megan for about $170. Any suggestions or tips?
Old 06-03-2016, 03:31 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by t777jb
...learning all about the cooling system. Radiator is cracked. I've been seeing a few coolant spots and thought maybe it was spraying out from under the cap for the last month or more. This week it got worse, but I couldn't find the leak. Today I topped it off and drove in to work and there was quite a bit of spray just from a 15 mile drive. Finally found the crack in the plastic. It's supposed to be an easy replacement...right? Looks like Moddiction has the Koyorad for $260. I've seen one from Megan for about $170. Any suggestions or tips?
ive used koyo before and currently have a mishimoto in my s. prev owner installed it. just did a flush and everything looked fine.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:11 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

The race car has a stock radiator. Never had any overheating issues. The original one was pretty beat up from several years of debris hitting it. Replaced it with a new stock one. YMMV
Old 06-04-2016, 04:36 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

off for a morning bike ride.... if I can get 30 miles in before the rain, I'll be happy...

then off to sign paperwork on the old house. Hopefully, this is finally it and I'll be back to the world of single mortgage.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:54 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

.....pissed at myself
Old 06-04-2016, 06:23 AM

Received 214 Likes on 77 Posts

...finally finding time at work to compile the Indycar car corral list. The final list is posted (in no particular order) with 40 cars. 41 if Mid-Oh has enough room for the extra WV guys

If we get a larger parking area, i'll request the info from the alternates and take as many cars as our future spot can hold.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:32 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pgarratt
...finally finding time at work to compile the Indycar car corral list. The final list is posted (in no particular order) with 40 cars. 41 if Mid-Oh has enough room for the extra WV guys

If we get a larger parking area, i'll request the info from the alternates and take as many cars as our future spot can hold.
Awesome, thanks again for organizing everything this year.

... getting around to put my new tires on my S along with doing the axle nut TSB. Too bad the weather looks pretty bad this weekend as I'd love to go for a drive to see how these new tires feel.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:10 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

relaxing with a cup of coffee before starting on the day. Got an early jump on some work from last week and now hoping it'll dry up some before I go back in the garage and finally wash my snow tires and put those away

on a side note, my garage is finally finally finally coming together. Just need the lights put in and I'm "done", for now. Once the Gladiator stuff goes back on sale again, I'll buy a few more shelve as well.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:19 PM

Received 2,508 Likes on 1,513 Posts

...home from the Summer Dragon. It was a great weekend!
Old 06-06-2016, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBarchetta
The race car has a stock radiator. Never had any overheating issues. The original one was pretty beat up from several years of debris hitting it. Replaced it with a new stock one. YMMV
Did you go with stock because of a racing class requirement? I'm kind of leery about buying another plastic one since the plastic is cracked on mine. It's cracked on the top backside so nothing hit it - just old I guess. It's not very much more money to upgrade to a 2 row aluminum unit that should be more durable and offer better cooling. Gotta get something ordered quickly cause now I'm afraid to drive it...and it looks like a great week for s2000 driving too.

Quick Reply: I am...