Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

I am...

Old 05-29-2017, 08:03 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

finished cleaning up my bicycle and getting ready to go back out on a bike ride
Old 05-29-2017, 10:53 AM

Received 214 Likes on 77 Posts

...done taking a M2 for a spin around some country roads in BFE and now have the new smoker ready for some meat to sit in it for a few hours
Old 05-29-2017, 03:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Now we have to get the M2 to route 26.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:25 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

... the kids want me to help them move this weekend
Old 06-06-2017, 06:28 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

...going to Mid-Ohio this coming Monday & Tuesday (June 12 & 13th) for Autointerests track days. Anyone else gonna be there?
Old 06-29-2017, 05:00 AM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

...... still amped up after my first race weekend at Gingerman.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:04 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JHo
...... still amped up after my first race weekend at Gingerman.
Nice! How'd you do?
Old 06-30-2017, 03:40 PM
JHo

Originally Posted by NeutralSteer
Nice! How'd you do?
It was fantastic.

Friday was the comp school run by NASA. It was a good setup and low key with only four of us. Definitely had a lot of good insight and the drills were good introduction for the provisional races Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday I qualified fourth in class, which isn't a bad starting spot for Gingerman (outside turn 1, but inside turn 2 and 3). Overall I was being conservative and safe. I left too big of a gap to the start or I could have jumped to the lead. I got in a battle with a Mustang and the water temps got too high so I made a trip down pit lane half way to cool down the car.

Sunday's first race was more overheating after working behind Rick's S2000. I was definitely getting a better hang of a very conservative race craft.

The second race on Sunday I was able to get out in second place at the start. To manage the heat I let the leader go and drove defensively in second until I could sprint to the end.

I have a new radiator on order and will be sealing off the intake of the radiator. That'll fix the issue and then some.

Below is some video from the Saturday and first Sunday races.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:51 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JHo
It was fantastic.

Friday was the comp school run by NASA. It was a good setup and low key with only four of us. Definitely had a lot of good insight and the drills were good introduction for the provisional races Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday I qualified fourth in class, which isn't a bad starting spot for Gingerman (outside turn 1, but inside turn 2 and 3). Overall I was being conservative and safe. I left too big of a gap to the start or I could have jumped to the lead. I got in a battle with a Mustang and the water temps got too high so I made a trip down pit lane half way to cool down the car.

Sunday's first race was more overheating after working behind Rick's S2000. I was definitely getting a better hang of a very conservative race craft.

The second race on Sunday I was able to get out in second place at the start. To manage the heat I let the leader go and drove defensively in second until I could sprint to the end.

I have a new radiator on order and will be sealing off the intake of the radiator. That'll fix the issue and then some.

Below is some video from the Saturday and first Sunday races.
Admittedly, I skimmed through the videos, but that looks pretty awesome. Your track car is an AP1 right?

And what's your setup for the timing/cell phone mount? I've been meaning to get something decent for autoX.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:45 AM
JHo

Originally Posted by NeutralSteer
Admittedly, I skimmed through the videos, but that looks pretty awesome. Your track car is an AP1 right?

And what's your setup for the timing/cell phone mount? I've been meaning to get something decent for autoX.
My car is a 2004 AP2.

I'm just using Harry's Lap Timer for the timing. It's within a couple tenths of a second for accuracy. Good enough to keep track of what's going on.

Amazon Amazon

I use an iOttie mount (see link above). Simple, effective and I don't have to worry about taking my case off. I'm going to wire in USB power ports so I don't have to worry about charge level on my phone or goPro going forward.

Last edited by JHo; 07-07-2017 at 04:48 AM.

Quick Reply: I am...