Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

I am...

Old 04-24-2016, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...happy to be done greasing the shifter. That rubber cover over the 3 10mm bolts was the bane of my existence for about 20 minutes. Trying to hold that cover up while pushing the shifter down with one hand and getting a bolt into a hole you can't see without misaligning the metal plate with your other hand...difficult to say the least. Once I figured out to put it in reverse it wasn't too bad. Not a huge difference but shifting is slightly smoother. I'd recommend this project if you don't know when or if it has ever been done to your car.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:18 AM

...the proud owner of a 23 mm wrench which I used to finally change the diff. oil last night. Easy project with the right tools. The oil that came out looked awful and there was a glob of gunk on the drain plug with lots of metal flakes in it. I'm guessing it may not have ever been changed. Mine is a 2000 with 63K. Straub Honda in WV told me they changed all the fluids when I bought it from them last month - no way did they change that diff. fluid.
Also - after 2 full days of driving the car with the re-greased shifter, it is noticeably better. The old grease looked ok, but there wasn't much in there. I packed it full of the urea grease and it is much smoother. The foam insulator came out in tiny pieces - $32.00 for a new one - IT'S A PIECE OF FOAM!
Next week it goes into the soft top shop to see if they can salvage the horrific job Straub did putting a new top on it.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:34 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by t777jb
...the proud owner of a 23 mm wrench which I used to finally change the diff. oil last night. Easy project with the right tools. The oil that came out looked awful and there was a glob of gunk on the drain plug with lots of metal flakes in it. I'm guessing it may not have ever been changed. Mine is a 2000 with 63K. Straub Honda in WV told me they changed all the fluids when I bought it from them last month - no way did they change that diff. fluid.
Also - after 2 full days of driving the car with the re-greased shifter, it is noticeably better. The old grease looked ok, but there wasn't much in there. I packed it full of the urea grease and it is much smoother. The foam insulator came out in tiny pieces - $32.00 for a new one - IT'S A PIECE OF FOAM!
Next week it goes into the soft top shop to see if they can salvage the horrific job Straub did putting a new top on it.

glad you took the time to change out the fluids I really think there is peace of mind knowing that you did them. I would be giving them a call and chewing their ass out for lying to you. Maybe get some compensation for it.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... looking into getting an RS4 for a new daily. Hopefully the S2K can stay if that dream comes to fruition.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:46 AM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

... wanting a nice clear day to get the S and bike out to play. Go away rain!
Old 04-28-2016, 12:51 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Minicoop19
... looking into getting an RS4 for a new daily. Hopefully the S2K can stay if that dream comes to fruition.
That would be pretty sweet. Also, how'd your Baja competition go?
Old 04-28-2016, 07:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NeutralSteer
Originally Posted by Minicoop19' timestamp='1461864053' post='23951395
That would be pretty sweet. Also, how'd your Baja competition go?
Great! We got 34th overall out of 100 and 27th in the endurance racing portion. We beat a lot of D1 Engineering state schools. For the third year of the program we're all really happy.

On to NY in June
Old 04-28-2016, 08:10 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Minicoop19
Great! We got 34th overall out of 100 and 27th in the endurance racing portion. We beat a lot of D1 Engineering state schools. For the third year of the program we're all really happy.

On to NY in June

Ah nice dude, that's pretty damn awesome! Good luck in NY.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:04 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by FurY
... wanting a nice clear day to get the S and bike out to play. Go away rain!
noting that we have 1 day.... over the next week..
Old 05-03-2016, 07:12 AM

...still chasing a solution to the not perfect shifting mechanism in my car. I ordered some ATE brake fluid and am going to change the clutch fluid based on Billmans advice - just going to suck the old stuff out, but not bleed it. Sounds like guys have had success with this by doing it and then driving some and then doing it again etc, until it all ends up clean. I'm also going to take the play out of the clutch per his advice. Anybody done these and how were the results?

Quick Reply: I am...