Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Local Shops/Services

Old 06-09-2017, 05:38 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JHo
You have an AP1. My first guess is the Upper Arm mounts are separating from the frame rail. It's a TSB. Probably should go to a body shop so they can measure the critical body mount points. The top of the wheel is controlled by the upper A-Arm.
Sorry I haven't updated my profile yet, I sold my 2001 and bought a 2005 S2000, so this is an AP2 and I made sure to check the upper A-Arm mounts and they look great and intact. Also measuring from the frame to how far the A-Arm sticks out is exactly the same on both sides, which just like everything else didn't make sense to me haha.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:35 AM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ISADE
Sorry I haven't updated my profile yet, I sold my 2001 and bought a 2005 S2000, so this is an AP2 and I made sure to check the upper A-Arm mounts and they look great and intact. Also measuring from the frame to how far the A-Arm sticks out is exactly the same on both sides, which just like everything else didn't make sense to me haha.
That's kind of my point then. It needs to go on a frame rack to make sure the frame rails and sub frame aren't jacked up some how. If those are OK then it's a matter of what suspension part is damaged.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:12 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Updated information with tire mounting/balance location that I regularly use
Old 05-29-2018, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reliable Mechanic in Columbus OH for Modified S2K

I'm looking for a quality shop around the Columbus OH area that will work on a modified turbo S2k. In the past I've been to IPS (closed), Covert (closed), Crucial and others and am really frustrated finding quality, reliable, honest people. I'll try Slow Motion next if I have to, but I'd like to find someone more local to 43017. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 05-29-2018, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyboyoh
I'm looking for a quality shop around the Columbus OH area that will work on a modified turbo S2k. In the past I've been to IPS (closed), Covert (closed), Crucial and others and am really frustrated finding quality, reliable, honest people. I'll try Slow Motion next if I have to, but I'd like to find someone more local to 43017. Any suggestions? Thanks!
I've had great experiences at Japanese Auto Service in Old Hilliard (4011 Wayne St, Hilliard, OH 43026). I've give you the caveat that my S2K is mostly OEM, but they've done some non-OEM things for me like replacing the brakes, etc. Always felt like the pricing was reasonable. And I really became sold when I took my car to them in January trying to get some stuff done off-season and they went out of their way to keep my car inside the shop for three days to avoid putting it out in the snow.

Not sure what you need done, but they're worth a call.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:15 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by flyboyoh
Dear god its true desperation to go to slowmotion, not too many places where you get your car back worse than you left it. GL on your search.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:37 PM

Received 2,507 Likes on 1,512 Posts

I'm looking for recommendations for a good mechanic to do some work (valve adjustment, Billman rear axle nut tightening, etc) in the Medina area. I'm also looking for a good paint shop in the Medina area to get the front clip painted this winter.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:43 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
I'm looking for recommendations for a good mechanic to do some work (valve adjustment, Billman rear axle nut tightening, etc) in the Medina area. I'm also looking for a good paint shop in the Medina area to get the front clip painted this winter.
The Performance Factory is in Medina, and I've heard good things about them from the local autox group that I run in. I've never used them myself though, but it might be worth looking into them. They are a sponsor of the autox group too so take that with a grain of salt.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:52 PM

Received 2,507 Likes on 1,512 Posts

Originally Posted by NeutralSteer
The Performance Factory is in Medina, and I've heard good things about them from the local autox group that I run in. I've never used them myself though, but it might be worth looking into them. They are a sponsor of the autox group too so take that with a grain of salt.
I'm going to stop and see them in the next few days. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2018, 11:28 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
I'm going to stop and see them in the next few days. Thanks!
Sounds good! Let me know how they do. As for paint, I'd probably still make the trek up to Mocky's recommended shop of Action Carstar in Euclid since they did a pretty good job on his CR, and good paint shops are hard to find.

Quick Reply: Local Shops/Services