Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Mid-Winter Thaw

Old 02-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Well, you have potentially three cars now.. (well, 2 S2000s and a truck)
Old 02-04-2013, 10:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueBarchetta

Ive got a good detail guy. Hes been wanting me to send him some S2K's for a group deal. Remind me come spring time. I can set something up

Does he do monster trucks

He does everything. Old muscle cars, exotics, dealership work... everything.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me know about that group rate... I really want my car deatiled from bonnet to boot
Old 02-06-2013, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also got mine out on that 60 degree day a few weeks back. I drove it about 6 miles total, just to get tires back in round. Totally forgot that I took full coverage off of it, but luckily I live out in the country with few cops. Also, battery tender is the way to go in my eyes. Connect it, plug it in, and check on it later! I hope spring comes soon for all of us!!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by leedy5s2k
I also got mine out on that 60 degree day a few weeks back. I drove it about 6 miles total, just to get tires back in round. Totally forgot that I took full coverage off of it, but luckily I live out in the country with few cops. Also, battery tender is the way to go in my eyes. Connect it, plug it in, and check on it later! I hope spring comes soon for all of us!!
I would be more worried if someone hit you (without insurance), you hit something (sorry.. insurance talk always raises a flag with me )

On a side note, I will admit there have been times I have started to back the S out of the garage only to remember that I only have Comp on it and need to change it. I got better with this and started leaving a sticky on the steering wheel reminding me..

Tires back in round? Do you add more air to the tire when storing? I'll have to look it up but there is a pretty good FAQ on winterizing your car... I'll see if i can find it..
Old 02-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Former Moderator

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/247...-storage-tips/
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 AM

Received 2,510 Likes on 1,513 Posts

Does it save you that much to reduce your coverage during the winter. I keep mine on full coverage cause I never know when I might want to go for a drive. Just wondering....
Old 02-07-2013, 09:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mocky' timestamp='1360253856' post='22320942
I would be more worried if someone hit you (without insurance), you hit something (sorry.. insurance talk always raises a flag with me )

On a side note, I will admit there have been times I have started to back the S out of the garage only to remember that I only have Comp on it and need to change it. I got better with this and started leaving a sticky on the steering wheel reminding me..

Tires back in round? Do you add more air to the tire when storing? I'll have to look it up but there is a pretty good FAQ on winterizing your car... I'll see if i can find it..

Must be Bias-Ply...
Old 02-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Does it save you that much to reduce your coverage during the winter. I keep mine on full coverage cause I never know when I might want to go for a drive. Just wondering....

Look at your dec page... you should have an itemized list of the coverages that you have and the premium that you are carrying.. Ohio requires liability.. UM-UIM, UMPD, MedPay are optional... and unless you have a leinholder, Comp/Collision is optional as well. So, look at your policy, take out the coverages that you have and just look at your Comp premium.. Unless the carrier you have has behind-the-scenes factors that adjust comp rate based on factors tied to your coverage selection (like UMPD), then the Comp premium is most likely what you would be paying if you are "storing" the car.

So, for the majority of the year, I carry just Comp on the S2000...
Old 02-07-2013, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky
Originally Posted by leedy5s2k' timestamp='1360195111' post='22319661

Yea the worst part is that my wife worked for Nationwide and forgot to remind me also, lol! Guess, I got lucky. It will stay parked now for the next couple months. Thanks on the help with winterizing. I just figured with it sitting so long, the tires might start to flat spot. When I got it last October, the previous owner had just put new rubber on it and I didn't want them getting ruined. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Mid-Winter Thaw