Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

New member looking for a s2k

Old 04-01-2016, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about this one?
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/114...a-64xxx-miles/
Old 04-02-2016, 02:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is one for sale in Mansfield, check Craigs list. I know the guy who owns. Not an abused car, he took to deal for oil changes and such. But did not store it under a car cover over winters, but did have it in doors. He might be asking a tad much.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:31 PM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

'08 is a very desirable year. I've only seen a couple and the Chicane Silver is a very nice variation. Love the late model 5-spoke wheels too! $23 sounds like a great price for a car with 30,000 miles -- assuming it's stock.

-- Chuck
Old 04-06-2016, 08:05 AM

Hey Guys,

Thank you for all the replies. I have not been able to read the thread for a few days.

So, it looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on the 08 s2k I referred to earlier. Took some time to get my financing in place.

I plan on closing the deal this Saturday -> Will post pics once I get it.

It's an 08 s2k with about 23k miles ( incorrectly mentioned 30k in my earlier post). Price is 23k.

As mentioned, this car still has OEM tires that came with the car from the factory. The tires have decent thread depth, however I am skeptical since they are 8 years old.

What tires would you suggest? I dont plan on driving when it's wet outside (unless there is unplanned rain) and definitely not in winter.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:10 AM

@Chuck

Yes, it's completely stock with stock radio.

The only thing that is not stock is the right front fender. The fender was involved in a very minor fender bender at a supermarker parking lot (according to previous owner). Carfax seems to validate his claim -> It describes the incident as a minor damage and not an accident. The fender was replaced with an OEM fender by Honda.

I guess a concern is that the vehicle only has 9 original vin tags (since the fender was replaced).
Old 04-06-2016, 09:15 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sourabhrai2k
As mentioned, this car still has OEM tires that came with the car from the factory. The tires have decent thread depth, however I am skeptical since they are 8 years old.

What tires would you suggest? I dont plan on driving when it's wet outside (unless there is unplanned rain) and definitely not in winter.
In general, 8 yr old tires are a big no no.

Few questions to formulate a recommendation:
Are you gonna track or autocross?
What is your priority; ultimate grip, tire wear, quiet tire, smooth ride. Unfortunately can't have them all
In general what is your driving style?

There is another recent thread on tires, you can follow along there too

Good luck on the purchase
Old 04-06-2016, 12:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you dont plan on autox or track driving and just want a nice summer tire yokohama s drives are nice, theyre affordable and last a long time. I regularly autox my car and i have dunlop direzza zii star specs and they are great, but after only one summer I had to replace the rear tires after 10k miles front should be good for two seasons.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by splice247
If you dont plan on autox or track driving and just want a nice summer tire yokohama s drives are nice, theyre affordable and last a long time. I regularly autox my car and i have dunlop direzza zii star specs and they are great, but after only one summer I had to replace the rear tires after 10k miles front should be good for two seasons.
Agree. The S Drives are nice. Decent performance and durable. The grip drop off is there between star specs and any "extreme" summer tire but they are nice tires. The original star specs were nice. The ZII drove me nuts in anything but dry weather. It tracked every imperfection on the road, made buzzing sounds over paint on the road, and dicey in the rain. Dry weather though, they were amazing.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:35 PM

Received 2,508 Likes on 1,513 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky
Agree. The S Drives are nice. Decent performance and durable. The grip drop off is there between star specs and any "extreme" summer tire but they are nice tires. The original star specs were nice. The ZII drove me nuts in anything but dry weather. It tracked every imperfection on the road, made buzzing sounds over paint on the road, and dicey in the rain. Dry weather though, they were amazing.
Been there, done them (ZII) and never again!
Old 04-06-2016, 03:55 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Originally Posted by Mocky' timestamp='1459981221' post='23930472
Been there, done them (ZII) and never again!
And for perspective, we use the z2 star spec as the rain tire on the BMW racecar. Vs. the BFG Rival S, as our dry tire, it's pretty decent in the rain. The Rival S is pretty horrible in the rain, but exceedingly grippy (like an Re71r) in the dry. It also wears better than the RE71r.

I actually drove the initial 2 hours of the Daytona 14hours, in the rain on the Rival S. One small agricultural event to reinforce my wet grip opinion of them

Quick Reply: New member looking for a s2k