Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

New Owner: Boardman, OH

Old 06-01-2018, 03:08 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Two bolts secure the washer tank and fill neck. A dishwashing liquid should clean the oil from it. The tubing may take longer and looks more difficult (or at least tedious) to remove/replace.

-- Chuck
Old 06-02-2018, 07:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It’s flip flopped... but I took 30 minutes today with some tub i towels to try and clean things up from years of quick lube

[i]

Last edited by Sk2Jon; 06-02-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:40 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Cleaned up nicely!

-- Chuck
Old 06-10-2018, 08:04 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome
Old 06-10-2018, 08:36 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I enjoy the photos you have provided and appreciate the time you have put in restoring your car!

I recently conditioned and cleaned my leather seats. For years I would use Meguiars car products on leather, however it always seemed to be a temporary and cheap solution to protecting the leather. I will not say that Meguiars products do not work because I was able to keep my 2006 Acura RSX seats looking very new with regular applications( I just sold it last year).

I just used Leatherique rejuvenator oil, and the pristine clean and was amazed at the results. It looks like your seats are in very good shape and I would recommend purchasing these two products and giving them a shot. The downside to using this system will require a couple days of down time. The rejuvenator oil may take a couple days of soaking in before you can wipe it down with the pristine clean. The leather is soft in the high wear areas, and the areas where other leather cleaners could not remove stains are now stain free.

I watched a couple Youtube videos on the process. I would say that the video made by Todd, the owner of Esoteric detail in New Albany is probably the best out there. I won't include any pics because I don't want to interfere with your thread, but I can message some to you. I don't have any long term reviews, but I will say that this product is highly regarded by top detailers.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:20 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TypeSpilot
I enjoy the photos you have provided and appreciate the time you have put in restoring your car!

I recently conditioned and cleaned my leather seats. For years I would use Meguiars car products on leather, however it always seemed to be a temporary and cheap solution to protecting the leather. I will not say that Meguiars products do not work because I was able to keep my 2006 Acura RSX seats looking very new with regular applications( I just sold it last year).

I just used Leatherique rejuvenator oil, and the pristine clean and was amazed at the results. It looks like your seats are in very good shape and I would recommend purchasing these two products and giving them a shot. The downside to using this system will require a couple days of down time. The rejuvenator oil may take a couple days of soaking in before you can wipe it down with the pristine clean. The leather is soft in the high wear areas, and the areas where other leather cleaners could not remove stains are now stain free.

I watched a couple Youtube videos on the process. I would say that the video made by Todd, the owner of Esoteric detail in New Albany is probably the best out there. I won't include any pics because I don't want to interfere with your thread, but I can message some to you. I don't have any long term reviews, but I will say that this product is highly regarded by top detailers.
Mind sending me those pictures? I know your AP1 seats are a bit different, but I was thinking of using it on my AP2 ones, which badly need some moisturizing.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by TypeSpilot

Thanks for the recommendation! Feel free to post a picture on this thread. I'm going to give it a try. My seats are good, but they're not quite 100% clean looking at this point. There's dirt in those little holds on the bottoms that i have to figure out how to clean. Toothpick? Thanks for the comments as well. I have an appointment to get my car polished on the 27th and some paint less dent repair a week or two after that. This car has never been polished and probably never professionally detailed, so it should make for some nice before and after photos.

p.s. the weather is perfect today! great day to cruise around.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:49 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Leatherique rejuvenator oil applied to leather interior surfaces and allowed to soak in for a couple days

Leatherique pristine clean used to wash excess rejuvenator oil and lifted grime off seats. Notice the flat even finish.

Leatherique pristine clean used to wash excess rejuvenator oil and lifted grime off seats. Notice the flat even finish.

The process takes a couple days, but if you only plan to take the car out during the weekend, this would be a great thing to do during the week. Apply the rejuvenator oil generously and massage it into the leather with your bare hands. Allow it to soak into the leather for a day and reapply more to the areas that don't appear as oiled up. I let my seats sit for a few days and applied as needed.

After a couple days the pristine clean can be used and sprayed onto the leather surface. I used a microfiber towel with warm water and a leather/ interior soft brush to assist with the deep clean. I followed up with a dry microfiber towel and was very happy with the results. The leather is nice and soft in the high wear areas and the color is uniform. The bolsters had a glossy appearance prior to the deep conditioning and cleaning and the leather is now uniform with the rest of the seats.

I can not wait to use this product on my wife's 2005 Acura RSX-S. I think this has to be the best leather product I have ever tried and would recommend it to anybody now.

I found it easier to use this product with the seats out of the car to avoid making a mess to the surrounding areas.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:55 PM

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Old 06-30-2018, 04:17 PM

Today was a good day. As a belated Father’s Day gift, I left my car with a detail place for a few days to work on my swirled up paint. It was swirled to death and I wasn’t feeling good about it. Upon initial consultation it appeared (not to my surprise) that the car was never professionalally detailed. Probably washed with a sponge for all its life. Here is the result (this seems to be out of order, but you’ll clearly be able to tell which are the before and which are the after pictures).

hood after

Fender in progress. But looks much better. That’s not me btw.

Swirl city

After

Quick Reply: New Owner: Boardman, OH