OH YEA!

Old 11-17-2012, 01:05 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Hey! I represent that. />
.......and .......?
Old 11-19-2012, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I look forward to this one, but I am not sure how they will fit 40+ cars on pit road.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:05 PM

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,528 Posts

Originally Posted by thumperac
I look forward to this one, but I am not sure how they will fit 40+ cars on pit road.
In shifts.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were going past the mid-ohio area on I-71 this weekend and big & long new exit ramps were under construction... how long has this NAZZKAR race been planned? As I recall didn't a new group buy mid-ohio this summer? Gittin' 'er dun...FAST!!!
If you remember the Kentucky Speedway traffic jams for their first NAZZKAR Race was a total cluster F$%K...
Looks like mid-ohio will try not to repeat that error...
Old 11-20-2012, 07:36 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I think mid Ohio actually changed hands summer of 2011.

Do you remember which exit was under construction? If it was RT 97, it might just be a coincidence, and connected to finally adding the third lane to -71 in the remaining 2 counties that are currently only 2 lanes.

Because there are 3 exits/ways to get to mid o from I-71, there are generally not traffic jams until you get into Lexington. Kentucky speedway is really in a remote area where there's only one useable exit to get there.

That all being said, I agree the new owners said there would be improvements to both the facities and.the races held there. I support their efforts to do both.

This is really the best track in the Midwest, and I just hope that in their effort to expand the track use, the track surface doesn't suffer. This is of course selfish since i plan to run there 3 times this coming year.

Now. If only they'd fix up the bathrooms and shower facilities
Old 11-21-2012, 01:59 AM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm excited but will probably stay away. This will be the event for Mid-Ohio this year, but Nationwide is sponsoring so there will be a ton of local free ticket give aways in addition to a good portion paying for tickets. The racing in Montreal is unreal in this series. I just hope they have more than one tow vehicle for China Beach.

My biggest question is how are 43 cars going to share 20 garages? They better get cracking on some big changes at the track. I know this years big change was painting the concrete barriers, but that did nothing for my experience.

I believe the exit in question is part of the 3-lane expansion they started this year.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

may be an ignorant question to ask but what does one have to do to get the stickers on their car for the ALMS race? I'd love to support the race. It's one of my favorite events of the year
Old 12-07-2012, 02:22 AM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by juntsky
may be an ignorant question to ask but what does one have to do to get the stickers on their car for the ALMS race? I'd love to support the race. It's one of my favorite events of the year
The stickers are for the parade lap for the Indycar race in August. Next year there is no ALMS at Mid Ohio.

Pete will post info in the spring with sign up to participate.

Basically the requirement is you have a clean car, don't be an idiot with the decals on, and make sure you drive it around, as the goal is to help promote the race for Mid Ohio in exchange for the best parking and a couple free tickets. Best bet it to look through last years threads for more details.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a bummer. What happened with the alms race?
Old 12-07-2012, 04:21 PM

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Dang, no ALMS next year? I missed that in the schedule. Just assumed it was going to be there.

Is ALMS done for good at Mid Ohio or are they just switching the schedule up for a bit? That's some damn good racing

Quick Reply: OH YEA!