S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Ohio S2000 Club (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/ohio-s2000-club-95/)
-   -   Ohio RT-793...Revenge Road (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/ohio-s2000-club-95/ohio-rt-793-revenge-road-283264/)

Popeye 04-13-2005 03:29 AM

Ohio RT-793...Revenge Road

I was on lurking in ohiohondas.com last night and ran across a thread about a road south of Lancaster called SR793.The locals call it Revenge road and from the description it sounds like a mini -dragon.

I'm gonna check it out Saturday if it's nice and give a report after my recon. It has to be better than SR315 which looks like a battle zone :banghead: I know Gary,Scott,Joe,and Andy were in the Hocking Hills last week;but this is north of where they were I believe.

Scott Evil 04-13-2005 05:05 AM

Route 793 aka South Broad St in Lancaster. It turns to Bis Run or something like that, and finally Revenge road near the village of Revenge. There is a Columbus Metro Park there too, but I can't remember what it is called.

This area is west of where we went. I vaguely remember this road but have not been on it since before I got my license.

Hopefully the ricer kids have not turned it into a shooting gallery for OHP or the Fairfield County Sheriff.

soundzero 04-13-2005 09:21 PM

I am up for another drive down to where we were last weekend Scott.

Popeye 04-16-2005 12:32 PM

Well just got back from my recon,nice drive . I made a loop out of it by taking Rt793 to Clearcreek Rd then to Clearport Rd and the to Hamburg Rd. :thumbup: All in all it took about 40 minutes to run the "Loop" . It kind of reminds me of RT26 without all the trash in the road;really only one short "dirty section" and I would assume it's because alot of people miss the off camber blind up hill and then a double switch-back.

There is a scary section too that is in a wooded section and will be my secret until someone follows me down there(just make sure you lock your doors and DON'T STOP) :LOL:

RT793 itself has as much grip as the asphalt at the Dragon; however the other roads making up "the loop" aren't as nice with Clearport Road having a lot of those "tar fishes" in the road. Not too bad just annoying.

I counted 4 times that the elevation changes made the car get light and floaty to the point of breaking traction and hitting the rev-limiter.

I left the house @ 11:30 stopped for gas on the way down ,made 3 "laps" and home by 4pm

Fun Fun Fun

soundzero 04-16-2005 08:53 PM

Cool! so we going for a little drive tomorrow then?

Popeye 04-17-2005 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by soundzero,Apr 16 2005, 11:53 PM
Cool! so we going for a little drive tomorrow then?

I'll touch base with Ray;he said something about early afternoon

Popeye 05-01-2005 08:23 AM

I'm heading down there again today if anyone is interested;call me on my cell before 1PM. I have some chores to finish and an errand to run and then I'm off.

Needless to say I won't be able to hear anything with the top down.

Popeye 05-01-2005 11:58 AM

Nice run today with 3 "laps" in. Althought it threatened rain down and back . All I saw was a drop or two on the windshield @ SR315 and SR161 on the ride back to the garage. I also installed my CG-Lock this morning and replaced the OEM air filter with a new K&N unit :cool:

As a sidebar I picked up some Meguires NXT metal polish at The Anderson's yesterday and it did a fantasic job on the OEM muffler tips. I'm sure it would be great on Comptech exhaust or any stainless product

ROGUE3308 05-01-2005 12:30 PM

I will try it. Thanks for the tip.

Popeye 09-05-2005 06:33 AM

I drove down to Revenge Rd. yesterday and it is in great shape. Down and back in a little over an hour and a half. Then we had dinner at the Claddaugh :thumbup: Nothing like a Guinness after a nice drive :cool: