S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Ohio S2000 Club (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/ohio-s2000-club-95/)
-   -   Said goodbye to the s2k yesterday (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/ohio-s2000-club-95/said-goodbye-s2k-yesterday-95032/)

sexytoy 12-11-2002 05:47 AM

Said goodbye to the s2k yesterday

After some long discussions with my spouse, we decided the s2k really wasn't what we were looking for.... we enjoyed it while we had it though. I really don't see having something like that and not being able to enjoy it 365 days...

now maybe if we move back to california we'll consider getting another one but for now.... we had to let it go.

As if we needed another one, we found a 2000 Prelude that looked like it sat on a show room floor the last few years. Not even a scratch on it. Picked it up for a good price for him to use as a daily driver =)

I'll still check in here every so often to see how you guys are doing though =)

Oh and Flyellow...got the book yesterday after we got home from doing the trade....cooooool book=)

OhioRacer 12-11-2002 07:42 AM

Holy crap! What's going on down there? 1st June and now Sexy? :yikes:

Mocky 12-11-2002 10:38 AM

Read h-t forums.. S2k's and Type-R's are becoming rapidly extinct. :nono:

Mocky 12-11-2002 10:39 AM

PS. My dad is contemplating getting rid of his S2000 for... :banghead:

Mini Cooper S :(

OhioRacer 12-11-2002 10:49 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mocky57
[B]PS. My dad is contemplating getting rid of his S2000 for... :banghead:

Mocky 12-11-2002 12:05 PM

Originally posted by OhioRacer

What the hell? Is there some sort of disease going around? Mini Cooper is cool as a toy car. But it's not the S2000. You MUST convince him otherwise.

I'm ok with my dad dropping the s2000 for a Cooper, but he better sell me the car. I guess when he was younger, he had one, or wanted one..and now he wants one again. Dad's been stuck in mid-life crisis for the past 30 years. (And I'm proud to follow suit) :D

David1 12-11-2002 02:52 PM

Holly cow, for every 4 new Northeast Ohio members we are loosing one!! One thing I have noticed down here compared to Cleveland, is that people in columbus are not car crazy. even the cruise nights suck compared to say Solon and other Cleveland suburbs. Not a single S owner here that I have given club info to has registered here. Guess you can say that some of here are survivors at this point.

OhioRacer 12-11-2002 03:21 PM

Originally posted by david1
Holly cow, for every 4 new Northeast Ohio members we are loosing one!! One thing I have noticed down here compared to Cleveland, is that people in columbus are not car crazy. even the cruise nights suck compared to say Solon and other Cleveland suburbs. Not a single S owner here that I have given club info to has registered here. Guess you can say that some of here are survivors at this point.

Keep the faith. I've been referring Cincinnati people to flyellow when he's not being a Canadian real estate mogul. :D

flyellow 12-11-2002 11:19 PM

Originally posted by OhioRacer

Keep the faith. I've been referring Cincinnati people to flyellow when he's not being a Canadian real estate mogul. :D

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

flyellow 12-11-2002 11:24 PM

Originally posted by david1
Dave, I am with you on this 100%. Prior to the S, I had a near mint '65 Mustang Convertible which I showed and drove plenty. When I lived in Albuquerque, people loved the car, and admired it. When I moved here to Ohio, I barely got a look:freak1: :rolleyes: Never understood this central Ohio mentality. Seems like some kind of car enthusiast void exists here...........

Sexy, glad you liked the book. We will miss you. I think if you held on till spring, and got to meet and greet you would have kept the car. We have a wonderful group of regulars from "upstate" and around the area.

Wish you well..........:thumbup: