Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Third time's the charm?

Old 04-25-2016, 08:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, so you have 2, and are getting a third? How fun. Very envious!

What are the specs of your current 2? Are you looking for a specefic car/combo for the 3rd?

Originally Posted by OHSilverS2k
Thats AWESOME you found one!! I almost made the mistake of selling one of my TWO ( adding a 3rd one here shortly). Thankfully, I came to my senses. This weekend after discovering Hocking Hills and its fun roads for the first time, I am glad I kept them. The only bad thing about low mileage is that...it only goes up. No measure on the fun with each mile tho. Well worth it.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't let this one go! It's a gem! Don't worry about the mileage. Just keep it stored and maintained correctly and you'll be good.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:42 AM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I enjoyed reading your story, welcome back! 3rd time's a charm indeed, don't sell this one! 2nd time was a charm for me, only thing I miss as Mocky said is having a soft top to go up/down on the fly. But, I learned my lesson, not selling this one
Old 04-26-2016, 06:22 AM

Very true my friend... no intention of ridding of this one. It's a true 'keeper.I'm very thankful the previous owner was a meticulous as I am, which, as several people know, is pretty much over the top. Appreciate the kind words!

Originally Posted by JacquesHaugh
Don't let this one go! It's a gem! Don't worry about the mileage. Just keep it stored and maintained correctly and you'll be good.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:24 AM

Thank you for the kind words! I vaguely remember you potentially having a GPW/Tan 05, no? I could be way off. Very envious of the CR. It's a beautiful car with true collector status. Keep it shiny side up!

Originally Posted by FurY
I enjoyed reading your story, welcome back! 3rd time's a charm indeed, don't sell this one! 2nd time was a charm for me, only thing I miss as Mocky said is having a soft top to go up/down on the fly. But, I learned my lesson, not selling this one
Old 04-26-2016, 06:37 AM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KBDub
Thank you for the kind words! I vaguely remember you potentially having a GPW/Tan 05, no? I could be way off. Very envious of the CR. It's a beautiful car with true collector status. Keep it shiny side up!
I did have an '05, but it was a Silverstone/Black. Sold it to buy a home back in '08 and regretted it and missed it for years afterwards. I was glad to get back in the saddle in 2012 when I picked up my CR. Obviously we're all fan boys here, but I really believe there isn't another car like the S2000 for the price that you can find.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:38 AM

I'm about half-way through the full detail. Although this car was spotless, it's my true intention to bring it back to 'showroom'. I've washed, clayed, and done some chip fix/wet-sanding to the exterior. Completed the seats-out detail of the interior this weekend, and that's looking phenominal. When I return to the country on Friday, I'll begin the exterior paint correction. Sorry for the iPhone photo's below. When the car is 'back to new', I will break out the DSLR.

Here's some photo's of the interior at 'Leatherique soak' stage, carpet cleaning, and finally seat-reinstallation. If you've not used Leatherique before, I use it on my M3, religiously, and it returns the seat to 'new' condition. No wear on the bolsters, at all.

[attachment=94014:image2 (1).JPG]
[attachment=94015:image1 (1).JPG]
[attachment=94016:image3 (3).JPG]

Finally, did a little glamour shot with the other classic in the garage.

[attachment=94017:image1 (3).JPG]

I'm thinking the caption of this one should be....so three Germans and an Asian walk into a garage....

[attachment=94018:image2 (3).JPG]
Attached Thumbnails Third time's the charm?-image2-1-.jpg   Third time's the charm?-image1-1-.jpg   Third time's the charm?-image3-3-.jpg   Third time's the charm?-image1-3-.jpg   Third time's the charm?-image2-3-.jpg  

Old 04-26-2016, 06:42 AM

I couldn't agree with you more on the aforementioned. It's just that good....

That being said, I can't imagine how good that CR is! I've never driven one!

Originally Posted by FurY
Originally Posted by S2KBDub' timestamp='1461680691' post='23948705
I did have an '05, but it was a Silverstone/Black. Sold it to buy a home back in '08 and regretted it and missed it for years afterwards. I was glad to get back in the saddle in 2012 when I picked up my CR. Obviously we're all fan boys here, but I really believe there isn't another car like the S2000 for the price that you can find.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, so you have 2, and are getting a third? How fun. Very envious!

What are the specs of your current 2? Are you looking for a specefic car/combo for the 3rd?

Originally Posted by OHSilverS2k' timestamp='1461540803' post='23947032
Thats AWESOME you found one!! I almost made the mistake of selling one of my TWO ( adding a 3rd one here shortly). Thankfully, I came to my senses. This weekend after discovering Hocking Hills and its fun roads for the first time, I am glad I kept them. The only bad thing about low mileage is that...it only goes up. No measure on the fun with each mile tho. Well worth it.
I like red or yellow. I have never had either of those colors. Probably leaning towards Yellow since I am an Iowa Hawkeye ( sorry to OSU fans). Ill probably keep the yellow one at my house in Iowa for game days.
AP1 and AP2 are what I have now. Nothing exciting about specs except FIPK on silver and both have all new sound systems with a sub snuggled in the trunk jack pack area.
Attached Thumbnails Third time's the charm?-black-profile.jpg   Third time's the charm?-engine.jpg   Third time's the charm?-img-1499.jpg  
Old 04-26-2016, 08:49 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Here's some photo's of the interior at 'Leatherique soak' stage, carpet cleaning, and finally seat-reinstallation. If you've not used Leatherique before, I use it on my M3, religiously, and it returns the seat to 'new' condition. No wear on the bolsters, at all.
Hmmm... I might need to look into this. Not for the S (obviously). My TSX drivers seat needs some TLC. I'm using Leather Master and it cleans the seats up but it's not getting the creases out of the bolsters.

Quick Reply: Third time's the charm?