S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Ohio S2000 Club (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/ohio-s2000-club-95/)
-   -   Winter Car Plans (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/ohio-s2000-club-95/winter-car-plans-1167025/)

JHo 12-13-2016 03:58 PM

Winter Car Plans

Now that the snow is here to match the cold temps, it's time to think about next year (except Popeye, he's rocking snows again I assume).

I'm not looking to do much to my car. Just some new tires, flush some fluids and maybe refinish the wheels.

What plans do you have?

SamySnead 12-13-2016 06:10 PM

My plans, drive the crap out of it through another winter. Best/hottest heater I've ever had. Only time I'll retire it from winter duty is if I can find a cheap Suzuki Samurai to mess around in.

After winter, time to find a Mugen front half and possibly a wheel refinish/PC as well.

Chuck S 12-14-2016 03:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
All tucked away snugly until Spring. Didn't get a chance to grease my shift lever earlier this year so that's on the table for when she goes back on the road. I'd like to get the stone chips out of the front bumper and have the OEM front spoiler installed but that will probably have to wait as well.

-- Chuck

Attachment 77308

Scooterboy 12-14-2016 04:12 AM

Chuck,

Where did you get the lifts for your S?

Cpt. Spock 12-14-2016 05:59 AM

Install: Axle spacers, steering wheel, paint and install hood, calipers/brake lines.

somewhere down the line, i need to find someone that does alignments in cbus...the guy i was going to fell off the map.

Mocky 12-14-2016 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy (Post 24119629)
Chuck,

Where did you get the lifts for your S?

I could throw some blizzaks and use that as my daily. Although, it still might get stuck in my driveway if I had forgotten to plow. :lol:

Chuck S 12-14-2016 09:19 AM

EZ Car Lift. Expensive but indispensable for me. Pretty sure my Subarus will fit on it as well. 4500 pound capacity.

I'm just east of Broadview Road if you ever need a lift (when the car is off it!). I ain't going under a car alone on jackstands. Fluid changes, exhaust swap, wheels and tires, easy as dirt. Swapped a Q300 exhaust out and put the Medalion Touring on in 20 minutes. The lift keeps the car out of the crud my other cars bring in during the winter.

-- Chuck

Mocky 12-14-2016 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S (Post 24119790)
EZ Car Lift. Expensive but indispensable for me. Pretty sure my Subarus will fit on it as well. 4500 pound capacity.

I'm just east of Broadview Road if you ever need a lift (when the car is off it!). I ain't going under a car alone on jackstands. Fluid changes, exhaust swap, wheels and tires, easy as dirt. Swapped a Q300 exhaust out and put the Medalion Touring on in 20 minutes. The lift keeps the car out of the crud my other cars bring in during the winter.

-- Chuck

Looks nice. Do you leave your wheels on and hang all through the winter? Just was wondering.

On a side note, this winter, I'm going to pull the seats out and clean the inside, put the other seats in, figure out how to make office chairs out of them, swap out hood dampers (anyone want some NRG CF hood damper? lol), and, well, I think that's it. I don't know what else I need to do with the car. :)

JHo 12-14-2016 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mocky (Post 24119792)
I don't know what else I need to do with the car. :)

Drive it?

NeutralSteer 12-14-2016 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mocky (Post 24119792)
Looks nice. Do you leave your wheels on and hang all through the winter? Just was wondering.

On a side note, this winter, I'm going to pull the seats out and clean the inside, put the other seats in, figure out how to make office chairs out of them, swap out hood dampers (anyone want some NRG CF hood damper? lol), and, well, I think that's it. I don't know what else I need to do with the car. :)

Actually drive it for once! :dry: (Damn JHo beat me to it but ah well) I'm guilty of this too to be fair...

I probably won't be doing much this winter since I have a detached garage and I hate the cold, but once it warms up, I'll probably be finishing up more of the New Owners list items. The main things I need to do are new pads and rotors, installing a dashcam maybe, putting in a new headunit and stereos as the stock ones are atrocious, and do a full detail.