Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Winter Car Plans

Old 01-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
OEM seats I found difficult to make an office chair out of. A cheap Sparco Rev, those are easy, I have two of those in my garage. The one in the background here was before I had it mounted to the roller. It's just setting there on a rolling seat.

Untitled by jkush111, on Flickr

As for the S, I've gutted everything behind the dash, removed all sound deadening, test fitted my Hard Dog. Removed the EVAP system, removed all SRS components and removed the OEM alarm. Going to POR-15 the entire floor pan and trunk before I install halo seats and harnesses.
Woah. That's pretty cool. I'm going to make my Pole Positions into office chairs. My OEM CR seats are currently sitting in a box packaged till, well, till who knows.

Are you tracking it exclusively now? I remember seeing that you were making magnet numbers a while back. They looked really nice.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:55 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky
Woah. That's pretty cool. I'm going to make my Pole Positions into office chairs. My OEM CR seats are currently sitting in a box packaged till, well, till who knows.

Are you tracking it exclusively now? I remember seeing that you were making magnet numbers a while back. They looked really nice.
The car never saw much street use anyway. Wife and I bought a custom 22' enclosed trailer, bed, fridge, cabinets, escape door. If you look at the photo below, there is also a bed that lowers from the ceiling. Iwas fine with an open aluminum trailer until I took the wife along shopping. This is what we ended up with.

I run with NASA NE mostly, wife helps with registration and such.
  • June 3 & 4 2017- Pittsburgh International – shared with Great Lakes Region
All HPDE groups, TT, Racing

You should stop over..........

I haven't made the magnets in awhile. It was a lot of work and I wasn't doing it for the $$.

As far as the seats go, I had a seat pan made to go between the seats and the "donated" office chair base. Both of my seats could be bottom mounted and made things much easier.

Last edited by freq; 01-02-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:36 AM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow. Looks like Rick has some competition in the trailer department at Pitt Race.

I just got the race car running again. New header and single exhaust in. HVAC removed. Instrument panel removed. Now to tear it back apart and start slimming the interior harness of all the unneeded circuits.

Still need to buy the brake rotors, ECU and figure out some dyno time in Michigan.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Former Moderator

Wow.. that's a pretty nice setup. PittRace isn't too far away from (1.5 hours) so I might be able to make a stop. Just realized that PittRace is closer than Mid Ohio for me now.

Someone else posted in the tire forums that there are some new tires coming out this spring. Instead of pulling the trigger on summer replacement tires for whatever wheels I end up with, maybe I'll wait and see what comes out.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:28 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Very nice trailer. I may or may not make the whole weekend at Pitt. Have to retrieve Allie from DC right about then.

Motoo, Pitt should be just barely over an hour for you. You should run hpde that weekend.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:51 PM

Received 2,510 Likes on 1,513 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBarchetta
Very nice trailer. I may or may not make the whole weekend at Pitt. Have to retrieve Allie from DC right about then.

Motoo, Pitt should be just barely over an hour for you. You should run hpde that weekend.
Send Motoo over to pickup Allie. As slow as he drives she would be safe!
Old 01-02-2017, 05:15 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

I think I may need to try to get to Pitt, it looks pretty sweet since they lengthened it and I can't imagine it is all that far!
Old 01-03-2017, 02:49 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Send Motoo over to pickup Allie. As slow as he drives she would be safe!
This is true Also, I haven't pushed the car in 2 years so who knows what I'd be doing out there. Probably just doing out laps over and over and pointing people by as I'm driving in 2nd gear

I wonder if I should start the car up this week. It's in the 50s. I realized I can't back the car out of the garage though The car on donuts can't clear the lip of the garage. lol.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:18 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,587 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky
I wonder if I should start the car up this week. It's in the 50s. I realized I can't back the car out of the garage though The car on donuts can't clear the lip of the garage. lol.
Damn ricers. We said lower it, not slam it.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:06 PM

Received 2,510 Likes on 1,513 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Damn ricers. We said lower it, not slam it.

Quick Reply: Winter Car Plans