Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

Caffeine & Gasoline Meets (Tulsa)

Old 09-04-2014, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Latest e-mail from Curt:

Hello Everyone!!!!

We have had a busy summer and the Fall doesn’t look any less involved, there are lots of events in our near future!

August in Review

I think you all heard my schpeel about responsible driving when we take our cruises and I received nothing but great feedback, thank you all for understanding. If anyone wants a copy of my soap box speech I’d be happy to send it to you in case you missed my rant.

The cool part is that the totally off the cuff quicky Summer drive turned into one of our biggest events this year. I’m not sure just how many were in attendance but I’m guessing 80+ cars on the drive? I think the route was a big hit and certainly a challenging drive, I encourage you to go back and drive it whenever you have a few free hours on a weekend. I can send you the map if needed. There have been 1.2 gazillion photos posted from the drive on Facebook and I hope to have time to get some of the best on the website soon. Thanks to everyone that showed up for that event!!!

September

Our September meet will be Co-hosted by Russ Dugger and Mark Eldridge at Marks shop Mobile Sound Stage in Bixby. If you were at that meet in May you know what a great turnout we had even though it was a little hard to find. 12810 S. Memorial is the location, Google it now so you know where we will be. Parking will be the same with the addition of using the front street. Bixby Popo is aware of the meet so be careful of your “energetic” exits. I’m ready to slow down and have a good ol parking lot meet again!

October

October is full of all sorts of events! Hallett, Car Show, and Fall Drive, lots to plan for.

October 8th, which again falls on a Wednesday will be our Fall Hallett Track Day. $160 plus lunch gets you all day on track from 9-5 in a 5 car group of similar skill drivers. I posted this a couple weeks ago just to judge interest and filled all but two spots on a roster of 20. If you are interested in joining us please let me know and we might be able to open up another run group of 5 and increase the roster to 25 drivers. Please contact me soon!

Hot Rods and Hot Bods is a car show happening in Broken Arrow at Wholesale Nutrition on October the 11th, starting at 8am. Free food and drinks, prizes, specially priced products and lots of giveaways is the plan for the day, not to mention a lot of cool cars! Facebook invite is here - https://www.facebook.com/events/675598375849335/

Fall Drive!!!! October 25-26
Once again we will make this drive an overnight option in Eureka Springs Arkansas. We will be sharing the town with the Mini group, which while a busy bunch, should not be as bad as last year with the huge craft fair going on. I will block off some rooms at a couple different hotels and send those contacts for you to start booking soon. The route will be a fairly long one but we will have several options of where you can turn back and head home if you do not plan on the entire overnight weekend. More details soon.

November

Our toy run this year will be November 18th with Project Bentley and the drive will be out west to Cushing to our toy drop off point. A couple additional drives will be planned for after the dropoff in case you still have an itch to see some countryside. Please plan to attend this as it will act as our November meet and is for a great cause, one of the few chances in the year we have to make a difference as a group, I thank you in advance for your support. Bring one or more unwrapped toys for a boy or girl, ages 2-16. It may be the only thing a child gets this year for Christmas.

I think those are the high points that I wanted to cover. We have some other big news in the works but I’ll just let the suspense build for now. I think we are about to take our next big leap in growth and state wide recognition, stay tuned. Oh and if anyone is friends with the Glovers of Glover Chevrolet, tell Jared thank you for liking our Facebook page.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Latest e-mail from Curt:

Hey Caff and Gassers,

A quick reminder that this Saturday is our next monthly meet. We will be at Mobile Soundstage Engineering from 9am till noon. MSE is located at 12810 S Memorial on the west side of the road. Go to the very back of the property to find us at Mark’s building. This meet is being co-hosted by Mark Eldridge of MSE and Russ Dugger Farmers Insurance Agency. More Chadwick’s kits will be given away sponsored by Russ Dugger and we will be doing a demonstration of Chadwick’s Triple Play so you can see results first hand.

October

Coming up in October we have several events going on-

Oct 8th – C&G Hallett Track Day. We are currently full with 25 drivers on the roster, however it is always free to come out and watch and even get a ride with someone during a session. Bring a helmet or plan to rent one from the track.

Oct 11th – Wholesale Nutrition in Broken Arrow is hosting the 4th annual “Hot Rods and Hot Bods”. Russell promises free food, drinks and door prizes to be given away. Set up starts at 8am and feel free to bring tents and chairs. If you have a business that would like to set up a booth call 918-895-3449 and ask for Rusty.

Oct 18th – is the Broken Arrow Grills and Grilles (flyer attached). Hosted by Vintage Motorsports, City of Broken Arrow, the Arts Council of Broken Arrow, and Magnum Construction. Live music, food trucks, door prizes, kids art contest, and shopping for the ladies.

Oct 25th -26th – C&G Fall Drive 2014! This year we are going back to Eureka but taking a different route. More details coming soon. I am working on a block of rooms again but if you are planning to go and stay overnight you might want to start looking for a room now. I will let you know when and if I get group pricing again.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Part of the latest e-mail from Curt:

Think warm thoughts, think warm thoughts….

Hello Caff and Gassers!

TOY DRIVE POSTPONED TILL 11-22-14

Due to the chances of icky weather on Saturday we have decided to bump the toy drive one week and roll out on the 22nd (we don't want a repeat of last year's weather!). This actually works out quite well because Andy's Custard on 102nd and Memorial can now be our host for the morning meet at 9am. Andy's contacted me a couple months ago about setting up a day when they could treat all of our members to a free frozen custard this year, looks like the 22nd is going to work out just right.

New Details:
TOY DRIVE WILL BE NOV 22nd, 2014
Meet time at 9am - 10:30am
Meet Location - Andy's Frozen Custard - 8251 E 102nd St, Tulsa, OK
Drive destination and toy drop - Cushing Events Center
EVERYONE BRING AN UNWRAPPED GIFT FOR A BOY OR GIRL, this is the “TOY” part of the Toy Drive.

If you cannot make the drive we can deliver your toy for you, just show up at Andy's with an unwrapped toy and hand it to myself or Jason Craig and we will be happy to play Santa for you.

------------------------------------------------------

THE BIG NEWS:

Starting in 2015 Leake Auction Company will be our key host for every monthly meet!

Our NEW location will be at the TCC parking lot at 81st and 169 at the standard time from 9-noon every month beginning in March. This will be a huge boost for our group since now every month a regular meet will be held at the same location, allowing new members to easily find us. The advantage of this open parking lot right next to 169 will also draw more public interest and help spread the word even more!
Don't worry, drives and other events will still happen in addition to regular monthly meets.

The Leake Auction Company brings with it an entire new list of contacts and collectors that will be able to join us to showcase some amazing, rare, and perhaps never before seen automobiles in the Tulsa area!

Join me in welcoming Leake to the Caffeine and Gasoline group and give them a hand for helping C&G take another massive leap forward as one of the predominant car groups in Oklahoma.

In 1964 the Leake family hired Park-Bernet (later to become Sotheby's) to conduct a 1-day auction on the Leake site in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Considered a smashing success by everyone, this one event set the stage for a museum on this site and the annual collector car auction based in Tulsa.

Today Leake Auction Company conducts several collector car auctions a year. The Leake commitment to quality, service and care have made the Tulsa Auction a leader in the industry. Held the first weekend in June, this auction is without question one of the top 5 automobile auctions in the United States. Richard Sevenoaks began his association with the Leake Auctions in 1972 and is now president of the company. Through his leadership Leake Auction has expanded operations into Texas. His wife, Nancy Leake Sevenoaks, an avid car enthusiast, is also very active in the business. In the fall of 2010, Audrey Sevenoaks-Young and her husband Ty moved to Tulsa to begin their association with the family business.

The Dallas Fall Auction, held the weekend before Thanksgiving, has shown incredible quality under Sevenoaks' leadership and now can boast being the largest collector car auction in Texas. Leake Auction manages several additional markets including Oklahoma City.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Latest e-mail from Curt:

ATTENTION!!!
Late breaking notice!
The March Meet will be at LAFORTUNE! Due to issues beyond our control the TCC lot will not be ready for us in time for the March meet. Please help spread the word. I hate to switch things up after touting TCC for so long now but bear with us while we get this sorted out.
SATURDAY MARCH 21st, the meet will be held at LAFORTUNE PARK in our regular location.

Thank you.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything going on in the next few months guys?
Old 05-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Administrator

The next Caffeine and Gasoline (C&G) meet will be on Saturday, May 16 from 9am to noon at Tulsa Community College (TCC) at 81st and Hwy 169 (northeast corner of the parking lot).

They're having a track day at Hallett on Wednesday, May 20. The drivers roster is full but you can still go out there to spectate and ride along with some of the drivers for free.

According to C&G's website, the regularly-scheduled third-Saturday-of-the-month meets will be held on May 16, June 20, July 18, August 15, September 19, October 17, November 21, and December 19... at TCC I'm assuming. There is also another track day at Hallett scheduled on Wednesday, October 7 and the Fall Drive on Saturday, October 24.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Just posted a bunch of photos I took on the Spring Drive. 2015 C&G Spring Drive
Old 06-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Administrator

June meet is this Saturday, June 20!

Old 07-14-2015, 03:19 PM
Administrator

The July meet is this Saturday, July 18 at TCC!

Leake Auction Company will be providing donuts and bottled water.
Gypsy Ice will be on location selling cold flavored shaved ice.
C&G window decals ($5) and 2015 C&G Calendars (free) will also be available.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Latest Facebook post:

End of Summer Labor Day Treats!
Monday September 7th from 6-8 pm Andy's Frozen Custard at 101st and Memorial will be serving up free cones to all C&G members that stop by. We are having a impromptu meet Monday evening, find parking at Andy's or across the street in the hotel parking lot. Tyrone has always been a very gracious host and has invited us back for more! Lets show our support for Andy's crew and give them their own private car show. See you there!

Quick Reply: Caffeine & Gasoline Meets (Tulsa)