Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

Caffeine & Gasoline Meets (Tulsa)

Old 06-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

E-mail from Curt:

The June meet was a great as many of you have already seen through the pictures posted on Facebook. We will continue to hold the meets at JRP Speedway for the next few months to take advantage of the shade trees and cooler breeze at the track. I think everyone will agree that cooler is better!

Planning is underway for another Fall drive. If you have any tips, hints, favorite routes or interesting destinations you would like to be considered, please feel free to send them to me via email.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Latest facebook post:

Just one week away gang, dress cool and bring plenty to drink, its going to be a hot one. The plan is to meet out at JRP again, the shade provided by the trees was a very welcome item last month, lets take advantage again. See you at 9 on the 16th.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Administrator

There's a possibility that JRP's kart track might not be available to us this Saturday. They're having some kids' Can Am classes that morning, so IDK.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Administrator

E-mail from Curt:

Date: Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 2:58 PM
Subject: C&G at JRP tomorrow Morning

Hey gang!

A very last minute reminder that tomorrow is the 3rd Saturday of the month already. We will be meeting back out at JRP again since the shade was such a nice relief from the summer heat. Regular time from 9-noon or whenever we are all burnt to a crisp and dehydrated enough to leave. Karts will be available like last time until about 11am, then I think there is a class that will need to take over the track.

Get there early when it’s still somewhat cool outside and get some track time in. We will start races as soon as we have a group ready to hit the pavement.

Dress cool, bring drinks in a small cooler if you plan to stay and race, those karts will dehydrate you quicker than you think. I’ll bring some water just in case.

I will need to bug out early tomorrow but you will be in good hands with Alf.

See you in the morning!

Curt Rainbolt
Old 07-19-2011, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Latest Facebook post:

News for August: The Board of Directors with approval from the Scheduling Council (Curt and Preston) has just made an executive decision to postpone the August meet. Let's take this break as an opportunity to plan on making the September meet the largest to date. Mark your calendars and tell your buddies, 9-17-11 will be the meet to make.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Next Saturday, Sept 17th, will be at JRP under the trees again. They're planning on doing a fall drive for the one in October.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Latest e-mail from Curt:

Date: Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 4:19 PM
Subject: September Caff and Gas 9-17-2011

Hello C&G Crew!

It seems like it's been forever since we have had a meet!

Well it's time again, this Saturday from 9-noon at JRP Speedway we will be gathering to kick tires and talk cars. We are trying to have our largest gathering to date so if you have been wanting to join us but for one reason or another just haven’t had the time, THIS would be a good meet to begin.

Once again, we are meeting at JRP Speedway, I just verified with Alf that we are still welcome and the karts will be gassed up and ready for anyone wanting to run some laps. Past meets have had some good races and there may be some grudge matches that will be resolved this weekend. $20 gets you 10 minutes of track time, which is about 20 laps. Helmets are available but bring your own if you have one. The track is able to take credit card or cash.

Looking forward to seeing some old friends and new faces this weekend!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Just read on facebook that they're postponing one week mainly due to the weather.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good car meet for the time I was there - about an hour and a half. Nothing but "car guys" and lots of good discussion. Beautiful morning too. We just need more enthusiasts to show up.

And no tired 50's music.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Latest e-mail from Curt:

Date: Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:55 AM
Subject: C&G Fall Drive Oct 15

Hey Gang!

The weather is cooler, the leaves are starting to change and football is in full swing, sounds like fall to me!

This Saturday is our second annual fall drive. We will meet between 9-10 am at the south parking lot of Lafortune park located on the corner of 61st and Yale. From here we will head out at 10am towards Locust Grove where we will make a quick stop and regroup. From there we go up through Spavina, over to Jay, then down HWY 10 to Tahlequah for lunch. This route is showing to be about 2.5 hours of driving on Google maps which will place us in the Quah for lunch around 12:30. After lunch you have the choice to take the quick route back home via the turnpike or there is usually a small group that will double back and take the curvy route back again. Either way it’s a great drive with lots of scenery and nice paved twisty roads. Does Chilis sound ok for lunch?

Please note that C&G is not responsible for any accidents or speeding tickets due to careless driving or any reason. Tickets and mishaps are your responsibility so please drive within your ability and stay in control at all times. This event is meant to be a casual cruise with spirited sections when traffic permits. We will be on two lane highways so slower rual traffic will end up affecting our pace, its just a fact of life, be patient. Give yourself plenty of room between you and the car in front of you at all times, you never know when the guy in front of you might need to slow down for some unforeseen reason and it’s a gamble to see if you can out brake him. Take it easy please!

If you have 2-way radios bring them, it’s a good way for us to keep the pack together and informed along the way.

If you have any questions please feel free to reply to this email and I will respond as best I can. Looking forward to seeing a good group this weekend!

Curt Rainbolt

Quick Reply: Caffeine & Gasoline Meets (Tulsa)