Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

Caffeine & Gasoline Meets (Tulsa)

Old 11-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

Latest e-mail from Curt:

Just a heads up, this coming Saturday the 19th is our next meet. As always from 9-12 and we will be parking in the south lot at Lafortune Park at 61st and Yale. The Starbucks is across the street in the shopping center if you need an early morning cup to kick start your morning. We are back on our regular format of a parking lot meet so come on out and enjoy the morning with the rest of us.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Part of an e-mail from Curt:

A couple ideas up on the table for 2012 are more tech session between meets, and I’m still working on a club day at Hallet for those that would like to see some safe and controlled track time. I would also like to coordinate our spring drive to meet up with a group of owners in NW Arkansas, our group drive would meet up with them for lunch, then if we can work it out I hope to have one of them plan out a nice route through some twistys in their neck of the woods. After the drive it would be a good opportunity to make a weekend of it and stay in Eureka or its close enough to just drive back home for those that have other plans. January we will be on break since the weather is always a question in Oklahoma, most likely February will be the same but we can keep it open in hopes of a freak warm front.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Latest Facebook post:

Well, this coming Saturday will be the 3rd Sat of the month. We historically take a break in Jan and Feb due to frigid temps but as Oklahoma weather would have it this Saturday is looking to be fairly nice. So here is my proposal, you all know where we usually meet and what time, I have other family plans that will keep me from coming out this Saturday BUT, if you are all itching to get the toys out on a sunny day then I encourage you to take advantage of the warm weather and go ahead and have a meet. Someone bring a camera and post some pics here on the page if a group gathers...... Comment here to let everyone know if you are interested and attending. See you all soon!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Next Scheduled Meet: March 17th / South Parking Lot of LaFortune Park / 61st and Yale. Starbucks is located across the street in the Kingspoint shopping center.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Latest e-mail from Curt:

Hello all!

Well I guess winter is officially over now, not sure we really had one this year but as far as C&G is concerned, winter of 2012 is in the history books. Looking back I’m sure most of you would have rather just continued with business as usual, having meets in January and February since the weather was in our favor. But there is something about seeing the grass turn green and the trees in bloom that really gives me the itch to get out and detail up the car for a drive. Oh, did I say a drive? I meant meet… Or did I? More on that in a bit.

MARCH 17th, the day of green beer, leprechauns and clover, March 17th is our next meet. Starting at 9am we will be meeting in the south parking lot of LaFortune Park at 61st and Yale. I think I have added close to 30 new contacts to our list since December so the word is spreading and the meets will be growing. In fact, we now have a good contact with the Jaguar club of Tulsa through Ian C, and the Alfa group with Anthony N. Welcome aboard guys, we hope you feel right at home with the C&G gang!

So, with new faces comes fresh energy and a revived excitement about getting together at monthly meets to kick tires and talk cars. And to help us start the year right, Ian has invited the C&G group to participate in a drive with the Jaguar group after the meet on the 17th. I think this is a great way to kick off the year and the perfect venue to meet new people with car fever. Here is a little snipit from Ian’s letter to the Jag club…

Jaguar Club Dam Drive, with Caffeine and Gasoline Car Club
Hello all, 2 weeks from now, the Jaguar Club have arranged a very special event! Here are your "mission details": First: 9:00 AM-, meeting with Caffeine and Gasoline, local sports car and exotics group, in LaFortune's south lot. Expect to see Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Lamborghini, Corvettes, Alfa Romeo etc... and now, for the first time, Jaguars... en masse! For the first time ever, some members of "C&G" will join us on this epic drive. After we're done enjoying some time with our foreign car loving-compatriots, we will start the epic journey to Oklahoma's Pensacola Dam! The Pensacola (A.K.A., Grand River Dam) is the world's largest arch-buttress dam, measuring over 5,280 feet in length. It is 150 feet tall! Along the way, we will enjoy the twisting roads that lead out to the dam, and have a great drive on some European-quality twisties. Upon arrival, we've arranged a personal, guided tour of the dam and its hydroelectric power facility. This will occur around 11:30 AM, and based on our turn-out, we'll have one or two smallish tour groups. Once done seeing this impressive dam, we'll venture over to Frosty & Edna's Café, for a quality lunch, which will prepare us for the drive back. In order to keep things spicy, we'll arrange another series of twisty roads for the return journey. Whilst the group will be travelling in convoy, we have prepared route maps nonetheless, should you have to stop/ get seperated from the convoy. We're very exited for this trip, and it will be great to meet and drive with our new friends from Caffeine and Gasoline. Cheers! Hope you can make it out, for this most exciting of events. -Ian C.
You can see how new contacts have a snowball effect with helping us grow. There are now two such events in the OKC area, I think we should discuss heading down to join them at one of their meets this year. I don’t see it as a competition between cities, if we can help them out maybe they will return the favor and we can make a yearly event of a one time 3-way combined event that could add up to 100’s of cars! Trying to get the talks going now.

We have almost 2 weeks to make plans to join the Jag group on their tour. Ian would like to get a list of who will be going so he can make arrangements with the GRDA as to how many tour groups we will need to schedule through the dam. You can reply to this email and let me know if you plan on attending. We will add a few more to the list as last minute additions but don’t wait to get your name on the list if you want to go.

Here’s looking forward to a great 2012, I think this meet will get us rolling with a fantastic start!

See you all on the 17th!

Curt Rainbolt
mrdezyne@yahoo.com
Old 04-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Latest e-mail from Curt:

Hello all!

Hope you are enjoying this amazing weather we are having! After that little heat wave we had it looks like the cool mornings of spring are back, and just in time for our April meet.

You all basically know the routine by now, show up between 9-noon, meet great people, kick tires, and above all have fun. 61st and Yale in the south parking lot of LaFortune park, Starbucks is across the street if you need a morning brew…

Enjoy the week friends, and here’s hoping we have a few more like this before summer sets in.

See you all on Saturday!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Latest e-mail from Curt:

Hello C&Gers,

Just a quick notice to make plans to attend our next meet coming up this Saturday the 19th of May. This will be a standard meet at the LaFortune parking lot from 9-noon. Remember Starbucks is open across the street in the shopping center for those of you that put the Caffeine in C&G.

Our Hallet Track event is coming up on Tuesday the 22nd. Spectators are welcome, anyone that would like to film or take photos for us please drop me an email. We will be out at the track from 9-5pm. For more information please contact Bryan Pasek at bpasek7@gmail.com . There are still a few spots open, Bryan is the contact for joining us on track also.

June holds even more events as we begin summer with a bang. June 8-10 is the Sixth Annual EuMoEx show, “EuroMotor Extravaganza” being held in Sand Springs and sponsored by The Jaguar Club of Tulsa. Go to www.EUMOEX.com for more details. This show welcomes all British and European autos and promises to be a ton of fun.

Later in the month we have been asked to join Bixby in celebrating the Green Corn Festival. Bixby is having a car show and has set aside two blocks of parking for us along N Armstrong St in Downtown Bixby on June 30 from 9-2pm. Flyer is attached with more information. We have also been invited to ride along in the parade. A sign up sheet is attached if your club would like to join as a group separately. For anyone that wishes to ride with us as the C&G group please send me an email and let me know you are in so I can start getting a count. Depending on the interest level we will be an entry only/not part of competition group, just shine em up and roll…

Hope to see you all this Saturday!

Curt Rainbolt
mrdezyne@yahoo.com
Attached Files
File Type: doc
2012 Parade Entry Form.doc (30.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: pdf
Car Show Flyer.pdf (293.4 KB, 19 views)
Old 06-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Administrator

No Caffeine & Gasoline meet this Saturday (June 16). It's been moved to June 30.

Date: Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Subject: June C&G update
To: mrdezyne@yahoo.com

Hello all!

Is everyone wearing their Thunderwear this week? Wait, that doesn’t sound right, you know what I mean...

So last weekend was EUMOEX, was anyone able to attend? I was headed home from vacation and had to miss out on the fun. I’m sure it was a great success!

Coming up on the 30th is the Bixby Corn Festival and we have been invited to join in the car show that day. Due to this I’m just going to make the location and time of our June meet in Bixby on the 30th from 9am-2pm in Downtown Bixby (we have 2 blocks designated for the car show), along North Armstrong St. NOTE: NO MEET THIS WEEKEND, we are moving it to the 30th.

While out I did receive a sad update about one of our group. Dex Brown and his friend Daris were involved in a fatal car crash a week ago. Dex was as car crazy as any of us could ever hope to be. You might remember Dex by his blue ...400+HP BMW 135 at many of the C&G meets (he happily let me drive it once, wow!). Dex was a passenger in the accident and was taken from us through no fault of his own but it still raises the awareness level for all of us to think about what we are doing when behind the wheel. Many of us have machines capable of amazing speeds and handling but keep in mind that other cars around you may not be able to react as fast if a situation arises. Dex buddy, you will be missed.

Below is a post from his father that pretty much sums up Dex as we remember him. I’d like to dedicate the Bixby car show to Dex and his family from the C&G family, I hope you can all make it out.

Hey guys I am amazed at the out pouring of love for my Son, Dex,that you are posting. He was my BESTFRIEND and my Son. He will be missed and I having a very bad day, but your posts are absolutely wonderful. It give me lots of peace knowing how much you all cared for him. I am the creator of such a huge racing fan, but Dex molded me into something else that only he could create. He showed me how to love and be kind and how to laugh. He also told me about God. It is because of Dex that I became involved with God. Those of you that knew him, know that big SMILE that he always had when he came up to you after not seeing you for a while. He always had something nice to say about everyone. Richard I didn't know you very well but you were one of the first people that Dex got acquainted with. He loved that Cummins powered ford. You gave Dex and me a ride at Baytown. It was amazing. There are so many of you that I want to hug and tell you how much I love you for your kind words.

Dex was absolutely my best friend in the world. We had the kind of relationship that most Dads only dream about with their son. We did so much together going to Colorado to ride our dirt bikes, drag boat racing, Diesels and everything in between.

Dex was as a Christian, he loved God and we had many talks about God and his Salvation. I am comforted by knowing that he is with God looking down and saying how wonderful a place it is up there. I am being selfish wanting him down here with me, but I know he is in the best place ever.

If I can ask that if you do collect any money, can it go to "Racers For Christ" I sure someone can find a link and post it for me. We don't want any flowers, just cards or donation to a charity like RFC.

Again thanks for all you have done and continue to do. Please don't speculate, as Dex was not driving. He was passenger in his friends BMW. I have his little 135 BMW here with me and I will probably retire it to my shop with a cover on it so I can have somewhere to go be with my Son and talk privately.

Again thanks guys, I love you so much for what you have done.

This is PapaDex saying good bye
As always, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reply to this email or call me direct. I’ll try to answer or help with whatever you need. Our facebook page is pushing 400! That’s awesome, I was hoping for that number by the end of the year but now we can set our sights on 500 by 2013.

See you all on the 30th!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Date: Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Subject: BIXBY CAR SHOW THIS SATURDAY 6-30-2012

Hello!

The heat streak continues! Hope everyone has a nice shady spot to keep cool this week.

Our June meet is coming up this Saturday the 30th. We decided to postpone our regular meet so that we could use the town of Bixby’s annual festival as our meeting point and excuse to put on a car show. The show will run from 9-2 on Saturday. We have 88 parking spots on Armstrong ST which is in downtown Bixby. From what Shel is telling me we should be able to fill those spots up easy and maybe need to use some overflow parking. You can contact Shel at 202-595-4683 with any questions about this weekend.

Shel Jones has graciously taken over directing this Saturdays events, he was the original point of contact for this show but now I will not be available Saturday due to a family gathering I need to attend, he is also the C&G mastermind for this month’s meet. Ok, mastermind might be a little strong but I have every faith that he will do a great job coordinating the parking for our C&G gang at this event. You can contact Shel at 202-595-4683 with any questions about this weekend.

Beyond having a joint venture with the city of Bixby on Saturday, we are also taking this opportunity to dedicate this meet and show to one of our former gear heads, Dex Brown, who passed a few weeks ago in a car accident. Lets keep it between the ditches gang, I would hate to have to dedicate another meet any time soon, if ever. Dex buddy, this one’s for you.

For the show on Saturday, the heat does not appear to be letting up for us so make sure you bring some lawn chairs to rest in, a collection of cool beverages in an iced down cooler, and even some pop up shade to sit under if you can find room to set it up near your car. Food and drinks will be available from food vendors at the festival also. You can contact Shel at 202-595-4683 with any questions about this weekend.

If you have a group attending (exotics guys?) and would like to park together, please contact Shel so he can make arrangements for you to have a number of parking spots set aside on Saturday morning. The more info he has to work with the easier this will all go Saturday morning. If anyone would like to help Shel direct parking please reply to this email or give him a call. I hate to miss this one and leave him hanging so any and all assistance is appreciated! You can contact Shel at 202-595-4683 with any questions about this weekend.

Take lots of pics, I want to see how this turns out.

Advanced notice for July, the meet will be on Saturday the 21st and we will have it out at JRP Speedway in the grass and under the shade. The karts will be available again for us as Alf Gebhardt hosts us for our July meet. I will give directions at a later date but this is just early notice so you can get your race faces on...

Have a great weekend gang! Feel free to snap some iphone shots and send them my way if you think about it!
Oh, and... You can contact Shel at 202-595-4683 with any questions about this weekend.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:55 AM
Administrator

Date: Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Subject: July Meet, this Saturday at JRP 9-12

Someone pass me a glass of something cold…..

July isn’t shaping up any better than June did, and I’m sure August is going to be just as ugly for us. This weekend is our next meet and in order to have some shade to park cars and visit under, we are repeating last year and moving the meet out to JRP Speedway. Alf Gebhardt and crew are going to let us park under the trees and on the grass to hopefully ease the pain of a very hot mid-summer meet. As last year, the kart track will be open if anyone would like to rent karts and do a little racing, I think it got pretty competitive last year, maybe there are a couple rematches that need to be settled Saturday morning?

Bring a little ice chest filled with your favorite beverage to stay cool and hydrated as we struggle through these warmer months on our way to cooler fall days, ahh, I can feel the wind in my thinning hair now, that fall drive is calling me...

Map to the track is attached as well as a track layout.

See you guys on Saturday...
Attached Thumbnails Caffeine & Gasoline Meets (Tulsa)-big-map.jpg   Caffeine & Gasoline Meets (Tulsa)-map-2.jpg   Caffeine & Gasoline Meets (Tulsa)-track.jpg   Caffeine & Gasoline Meets (Tulsa)-map-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Caffeine & Gasoline Meets (Tulsa)