Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

Marcus Bastianen (a.k.a. "vbmarcus" and "Martini Marcus")

Old 01-05-2015, 05:14 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Marcus Bastianen (a.k.a. "vbmarcus" and "Martini Marcus")

I don't really know what to say here so I will just share what Ch0pper (Andy) posted in the Ark-La-Tex FB group:

Dear Boston Mountains Tour Members and friends, it is with a heavy heart tonight that I inform you that our dear friend Marcus Bastianen "Martini Marcus", has passed away. I was informed by Julie and Orlando.
Marcus was a staple in the Boston Mountains Tour event and amongst his fellow Okies in the Oklahoma S2000 Group. We missed him on this previous Fall BMT due to having moved his family to Houston, Tx.
Anyone whoever met Marcus or hung around for the long after hours following a BMT, can remember the sound of his voice and conversations full of laughter lasting into the wee hours of the morning.
Marcus leaves behind a wife and two little girls, one of which, Kylie, has been his navigator on a few BMT's and even operated the radio when Marcus would be the sweep car for a group. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers. Marcus, our friend, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace and watch over us on future Arkansas Boston Mountains Tours.
His wife posted this morning:
Unfortunately, Marc passed away very unexpectedly early Saturday morning. We are awaiting the results of the official autopsy but suspect that it was a heart attack.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I knew it was going to be bad news but this is just terrible.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How very sad

Scott
Old 01-05-2015, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The memory of Marcus that I will carry with me is from a weekend drive a small group of us did in Arkansas. We had rented a lake house and sometime during the late, late hours we all ended up laying on our backs in the middle of the street, with no city lights in the area everyone was amazed by all the twinkling stars in the sky. Not sure how long we laid there, but I remember listening to the laughter. The kind of laughter that gives a feeling of comfort and family fun. Most of the group retired for the night. I'm one of the unfortunate ones that no longer sleeps well and ended up going back outside to look at the stars in the early, early morning hours. After a few minutes Marcus strolls out that way also. We had a conversation that included a few personal comments about Travis as well as his wife Vicki. Comments that could make us blush, comments that were obvious on just how much he loved his wife.

I look forward to the next time a few of my S friends and I do another drive, a drive with a dark location to gaze to the sky. I know in my heart through all those twinkling stars will be two great S guys smiling back waiting to hear our laughter.

Few photos of Marcus
Old 01-05-2015, 11:12 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

What a shock! Marcus will be sorely missed by us all. My heartfelt condolences to his family.
Jerome
Old 01-05-2015, 09:27 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

We will definitely miss him, that is for sure.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He will be missed.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:55 PM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Martini - We will miss you. You'll always be in our hearts.

Our condolences to his wife and children. You will be in our prayers!!!
Old 01-06-2015, 02:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sorry to hear. Our condolences to his wife and children. You will be in our prayers!!!
Old 01-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Just received the following via text from Orlando:

Hi Guys, I just spoke with Vicki, Marcus' wife, and she said the funeral is Saturday the 17th at 11 AM at Fellowship Lutheran.

It's in Tulsa, 6727 S Sheridan Road is the address.

Quick Reply: Marcus Bastianen (a.k.a. "vbmarcus" and "Martini Marcus")