S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Oklahoma S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/oklahoma-s2000-owners-138/)
-   -   Oklahoma Convoy to Fall BMT13 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/oklahoma-s2000-owners-138/oklahoma-convoy-fall-bmt13-1053829/)

JulieU 10-16-2013 05:27 PM

Oklahoma Convoy to Fall BMT13

Link to the official Fall BMT13 thread in the Ark-La-Tex section.
Link to the Fall BMT13 Shirts/Hoodies order thread (order deadline is Wednesday, October 30)

For those who wish to caravan from the Tulsa area on Friday, November 8, let's meet at the Warehouse Market on Garnett just south of I-44 (click here for map) north end of the parking lot (opposite side of the grocery store) at 12:30 (leave by 1pm).

Will fill in the exact meet/departure times later... open to suggestions on times and route to Harrison. :shrug: DST will be over by then, so let's keep that in mind and try to get there before dark (sunset will be a few minutes after 5pm according to timeanddate.com).

Please arrive with a full tummy, empty bladder, and a full tank. The closest ethanol-free station from our meetup spot is about three miles away; it's a Phillips 66 on 31st just west of 129th. Actually, there's another one that's only two miles away but I've never filled up there before so I don't know if they sell 91 octane. :shrug: It's called Cardinal's Corner and is on the southwest corner of 11th and 145th... in case anyone wants to try them out (let me know if you do please). I don't plan on stopping anywhere along the way but we can if necessary.

List of attendees caravanning from Tulsa:
JulieU (Julie, 2003 Silverstone)
humbles2k (Enrique, 2003 Spa Yellow)
vbmarcus (Marcus, 2001 Silverstone)
tulsas2k (Jacob, 2000 Silverstone)

Names above in bold are confirmed for the group convoy. Names not in bold are unconfirmed.

Povy 10-20-2013 04:01 PM

I got gas at cardinals corner and not very good quality gas. Car ran pretty bad and threw a couple cel's throughout the tank for misfires.

JulieU 10-21-2013 05:47 AM

:what: No bueno! Thanks for the warning!

Povy 10-26-2013 10:19 AM

You're welcome :) I live out in the inola Claremore region so I can meet y'all somewhere out this way. I'd have to back track about 30mins to meet at that warehouse. I'll have a rider with me.

JulieU 10-28-2013 01:18 PM

:cool: We'll probably be taking Hwy 412 east out of Tulsa so can meet you somewhere along there.

chardom 11-04-2013 05:44 PM

Any decisions on the convoy?

JulieU 11-04-2013 07:12 PM

Nope. Any suggestions? If not, I'm thinking we should meet at like noon and leave by 1pm at the very latest and just take Hwy 412 the whole way there.

Also, in case anyone missed this:

Originally Posted by Ch0pper (Post 22856531)
PLEASE INSPECT YOUR CARS: Fluids, TIRES, BRAKES are most important!!!!

You all know your cars, and if it is not 100% mechanically sound, please do not attempt to "press your luck" , it's not worth it. We are traveling in a lot of very rural areas where there isn't much. Better to be safe than sorry.

For both your safety and for the safety of others around you, please make sure your cars are in tip-top condition.

J Schmidt 11-05-2013 05:44 AM

Have fun ya'll! I can't go this time. Hopefully in the spring. Nov 20 Caffeine and Gasoline Tulsa is heading to Hallett track. Last I heard Curt still had one spot open.

vbmarcus 11-05-2013 06:29 AM

My plan is to join you guys.
Drive is about 3.5 hours if we blaze (the speed limit) :boring:
It would be great to get there well before night fall though....

Just FYI, on the Caff and Gas drive home a few weeks ago, I almost picked off a deer. Came out of no where. Ran right in front of me. Swerved to miss it by (I would estimate) 1-2 inches. Sort of bad Ju Ju. These cooler weather days make deer a lot of more active...

J Schmidt 11-05-2013 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by vbmarcus (Post 22862592)
My plan is to join you guys.
Drive is about 3.5 hours if we blaze (the speed limit) :boring:
It would be great to get there well before night fall though....

Just FYI, on the Caff and Gas drive home a few weeks ago, I almost picked off a deer. Came out of no where. Ran right in front of me. Swerved to miss it by (I would estimate) 1-2 inches. Sort of bad Ju Ju. These cooler weather days make deer a lot of more active...

I thought you had hit it is was so close!