Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

oklahoma roll call

Old 09-16-2015, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Longtime lurker, new(used) S2000 owner.

First, thank you to all who make this site a great resource. As much internet noise as there always is....I have learned a ton
from all of you on this site/community.

I have been looking at S2000s for a long time. I grew a little bored with my BRZ, although I still think it is a great car. I autocross about 10+ times a year in the
OKC area. I get to a track/HPDE whenever I can. I am looking forward to the sharper edge of the S2000, and it will primarily be my AX toy. The wife and I share a Boxster for most track days, but the S will see that track time as well.

Anyways, hello officially. I take delivery of my S2000 tonight.

2004 Red/black int
33,000m (local - one owner miles)

I tried to link a picture but so far have failed to learn how to do so.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

Congrats and welcome!! Easiest way to post a photo with the current platform is to host it on a third party site like Photobucket, Flickr, etc. and then to "hot link" it by copying the URL and then pasting it here into the blank that appears when you click the "Insert image" button.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by JulieU
Congrats and welcome!! Easiest way to post a photo with the current platform is to host it on a third party site like Photobucket, Flickr, etc. and then to "hot link" it by copying the URL and then pasting it here into the blank that appears when you click the "Insert image" button.

I suppose that means I will have to setup an account with one of the photo sharing sites. I enjoy my computer, but I am not a big facebook (no account) or social media guy. Except for car forums, which I waste a lot of time reading since there is a ton of information if you have the time to look through all the troll posts.

I am part of the local PCA (Porsche Club) and local Subie and FT86 clubs in OKC. Julie I would like to be kept in the loop with any local S2000 meets or HPDE.
I run AX with the PCA and local Bimmers club. Easy ways to enjoy your car and it only takes up about half the day unlike HPDEs. Also, BMW club here in OKC will be running an Autocross out at the Sheriffs track this weekend. It stars at 9am I believe, and the track is located at NE 36th St and Air Depot RD in OKC. I will be
there for sure unless something serious gets up. I am going to run the S2000 stock this weekend before I change out wheels/tires, brake pads and fluids.

Anyways, if there are any meets I will always try to make it out. And I would love to see more S2000s out at the AX track, but all cars and drivers are welcome.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Haha, I understand. Unfortunately, this forum isn't nearly as active as it once was; most have been distracted by Facebook. Don't worry though, local meets will still be posted here as you're not the only non-Facebooker. Known autocross schedules are posted at the bottom of the Calendar of Events thread pinned at the top of the Oklahoma forum. Please let me know if you are aware of any others that would be open to the S2000 community. Since we don't have our own official club, several local owners participate in autocross events with various clubs at the Sheriffs track on a regular basis.

As an alternative to third-party photo hosting, you can purchase an S2KI membership and host your photos here.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:23 PM

Yeah, a lot of the tuners and parts sellers that I buy my supplies/tunes from have mentioned that S2Ki isn't as active as it once was. But for me it is still a great resource. In fact I talk to a lot of my S2000 guys over at FT86club.com forum. Since most of them support the BRZ/FRS platform and like it, but you can tell they
still love the S2000 most. I will keep a presence here, if anything just to be made aware of meets and such.

I don't know of any other AX events besides SCCA, PCA, BMW, Nissan Z Club and Corvette club. PCA and BMW are real friendly groups and love to have a mix of cars. The Z club runs a wheel to wheel session, which I wont do at the sheriffs track. I prefer to do that at an actual track like Hallett. The corvette is not really friendly to other makes and models. I have heard their event is not really for anybody but vette owners, so I skip that one. My wife and I like the PCA and BMW groups better.
My wife races the Boxster mainly, and I will now run the S2000.

I will check out the S2ki membership, but if not then I can make an account on Flickr or something. I will just keep anything not car related off of it.

Thanks Julie

Do you AX or Track?
Old 09-17-2015, 04:18 PM
Administrator

S2KI is still an incredible resource; there's such a wealth of information here!

I tried autocross several years ago but it just wasn't my cup of tea. It was fun and a great learning experience though and I encourage everyone to at least try it. Been wanting to get my car out to Hallett for a while and may actually do it this or next year. A little apprehensive about it; that's probably why I've put it off for so long.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by JulieU
S2KI is still an incredible resource; there's such a wealth of information here!

I tried autocross several years ago but it just wasn't my cup of tea. It was fun and a great learning experience though and I encourage everyone to at least try it. Been wanting to get my car out to Hallett for a while and may actually do it this or next year. A little apprehensive about it; that's probably why I've put it off for so long.
Hey good for you for at least trying. I always try to get people to at least try one auto cross or track day. I believe you don't really get to appreciate the soul of the car till you drive it on a track. But if you ever want to give autocross a try again, I am almost always out at the Porsche club events with my wife. Easy group to run with. But Hallett would be a good experience too. I am all for you getting out there. Nothing's better than watching a woman embarrass a couple of male egos on the track.