S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Oklahoma S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/oklahoma-s2000-owners-138/)
-   -   Places to go for monthly meets (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/oklahoma-s2000-owners-138/places-go-monthly-meets-772460/)

Suzuka_Joe 03-10-2010 06:20 PM

Places to go for monthly meets

Alright lets start a list of places to go each month. We (me, afs2k, julz?) will pick 5 and vote in a poll on those. Lets do sort of a commitee. the monthly 5 we pick will be made into a poll thread for everyone to vote on. we WILL alternate between okc and tulsa each month.

list of places in OKC
1. Santa Fe - I240
2. BWW - i40 and rockwell
3. Pops - Route 66 in arcadia
4. Flat Tire Burger - ayers and something in edmond
5. Pink Swirl - expressway in okc (awesome yogurt, huy is buddies with the dude , discount bro)
6. Earls rib palace - Broadway in edmond
7. Shorty Small's, Reno and Meridian -- just north of I 40 and Meridian.
8. Grand House (Chinese) around NW 27th and Classen.
9. Interurban just south of I 40 and Mustang Road in Yukon.

Tulsa
1. Fuji japanese ??
2. Hooters
3. Twin peaks
4. Legends BBQ (tulsa)
5. Rons (tulsa)
6. Fudruckers
7. Golden corral
8. Ryans
9. TGI Fridays
10. Savastano's Pizza (Bixby)
11. Hideaway Pizza
12. McNellie's Public House
13. The Bros. Houligan
Idk of many tulsa places so help me out here

Everyone add some places and we will turn 5 of them into a poll each month

GO!!!!

Suzuka_Joe 03-10-2010 06:25 PM

thanks julie, Everyone throw some places at me and i'll update this list!

AFs2k 03-10-2010 06:48 PM

So, do you want to take the lead on this?

Suzuka_Joe 03-10-2010 06:59 PM

no, commitee style. Its pointless to let everyone start throwing ideas b/c as we know aggreeing wont happen. I think this is the best way. Me you and Julz or webfoot (whoever in tulsa wants in on this) should pick 5 places and let all of us Vote in a poll

dolebludger 03-11-2010 06:41 AM

As I said, I am also with the local chapter of the Mercedes Benz Club. We have monthly dinner meetings in reasonably priced restaurants that will give us a private meeting room without charge or guarantee.

Some of the ones we use are as follows:

Shorty Small's, Reno and Meridian -- just north of I 40 and Meridian.

Grand House (Chinese) around NW 27th and Classen.

Interurban just south of I 40 and Mustang Road in Yukon.

I have tried to list some that would be fairly easily accessible from Tulsa, and may think of more later. If so, I'll post them here.

Bricktown was mentioned in the thread about our meeting tonight. the MB club avoids Bricktown like the plague. Too much congestion. Usually can find pay parking only, and it is usually far from the restaurant.

I didn't include the ones in Edmond, but will if you want.

Webfoot 03-11-2010 07:47 AM

for the Tulsa area. Some of my favorites.

Hooters
Twin peaks
Legends BBQ (tulsa)
Rons (tulsa)
Fudruckers
Golden corral
Ryans
TGI Fridays
Savastano's Pizza (Bixby)
Hideaway Pizza
McNellie's Public House
The Bros. Houligan

http://www.urbanspoon.com/lb/58/best-restaurants-Tulsa

dolebludger 03-11-2010 12:51 PM

Do we want restaurants that will give us private meeting rooms? All the ones I've listed in OKC will, and add:

Nino's, (Mexican) On NW expressway just east of Rockwell.

JulieU 03-13-2010 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Webfoot,Mar 11 2010, 10:47 AM
Legends BBQ (tulsa)

There's one in Tulsa, too? The current construction going on along Hwy 169 makes me hesitant to mention any places north of Hwy 244. :ponder:

Webfoot 03-14-2010 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by JulieU,Mar 14 2010, 02:46 AM
There's one in Tulsa, too? The current construction going on along Hwy 169 makes me hesitant to mention any places north of Hwy 244. :ponder:

Well there was one next to the Fox23 station, but looks like it is gone now. There is still hwy 75 heading north if you want legends.

We'll need to get together one day and I'll give you a tour of down town Julie. Lots of good places there for food and great photo-ops afterwards.

JulieU 03-14-2010 03:49 PM

True. I drove around the SpiritBank event center earlier today. Both Savastano's Pizza and Hideaway Pizza have outdoor patio seating we could use if the weather is nice. Plus, the first two levels of the event center's parking garage is right there (for a post-dinner photo opp), but I'm not sure how good the lighting will be in it. :shrug: