Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Rogue River Jetboat adventure - August 20/21

Old 06-17-2016, 11:05 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by snowwakerider23
Im booked for the hotel but the boat tours are full, I might do this instead www.gokartchallenge.com
Lol Jeremy, that looks fun..

Originally Posted by AP1_jesse' timestamp='1466225423' post='23996143
Originally Posted by snowwakerider23
Im booked for the hotel but the boat tours are full, I might do this instead www.gokartchallenge.com
I may have to join you as I put off making reservations for too long haha. I still would like to do the the drive I guess just miss out on the jetboat ride and go gokarting instead!
Do it, lol.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:32 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Well it looks like I have to work that weekend. I got promoted yesterday which is both good and bad. My new schedule gives me five days off in a row every few weeks. Unfortunately this won't be one of them.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Just a quick bump - in case anyone wants to try and go, the Hellgate excursions DO have a waiting list for tickets in case there are cancellations. They will call you if there is an available ticket that comes up, but if you miss the call, they move on to the next person on the list.
Worth a shot if you want to try and go.

I added myself to the waiting list so I could at least "get in there" and can swap myself out for someone if they wish.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:52 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Confirming I can't go. Duty calls.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately I will be having shoulder surgery on Aug9th so I have cancelled my boat ride/lunch ticket. Depending on the extent of my shoulder repair I may show up at the hotel either in my S2K or my truck just for a meet & greet.

I cancelled my ticket so if anyone is wanting to go for the boat ride on that day you may be able to get a seat.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys please sign me up, this will be my 1st drive with the group. I will be sharing a room with my brother Jeremy (snowwakerider23) and doing the gokarts.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by SF42
Hi guys please sign me up, this will be my 1st drive with the group. I will be sharing a room with my brother Jeremy (snowwakerider23) and doing the gokarts.

Great! Shoot me your name and email address and I'll get you signed up
Old 08-13-2016, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We can't make it (still looking for an opportunity for our first ride with the group) but we have done the Jet boats several times. You will get wet, and the BBQ isn't half bad!
Old 08-13-2016, 05:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sad to say, I won't be able to join in the fun after all. A date opened up to have my remaining cataract removed before I lose my current medical insurance and I had to jump at the chance. That'll happen on Thursday, and I don't think it's a good idea to set off for a top-down adventure two days later.

I still have both my motel reservation and my Jetboat reservation. I'll wait until Monday to cancel, so if anybody could use either one please let me know ASAP. Either respond here or by PM.

Have a great time everyone. Has anyone let the restaurants know that Ira's coming? They may want to stock up on extra bread!...

Dean
Old 08-13-2016, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sabre
.................................................. ..........................................

.................................................. ...........It's time for a river adventure!

Our only two-day drive this year, we will be adventuring down south to Grants Pass to partake in the Rogue River Jetboat dinner cruise.

This drive will be an overnight stay and
REQUIRES RESERVATIONS FOR THE JETBOAT AND HOTEL
Reservation information is below. Due to the reservations, this drive is rain-or-shine.

When you post interest in going, you will be added to the TENTATIVE list
Once you confirm your reservation, you will be added to the RESERVED list

PLEASE NOTE - THIS TIME OF YEAR IS POPULAR FOR THE AREA AND THE BOATS FILL UP FAST.
OPENINGS ARE NOT GUARANTEED. BOOK EARLY

We will enjoy a easy cruise down I5, stopping for lunch along the way.
Once we arrive in Grants Pass, we will check in to the hotel and then proceed to the jet boat docks to prepare for the river ride.

The boats will travel along the Rogue River to the OK Corral, a private dinner location for an all-you-can-eat barbecue dinner!

After dinner, we will hit the water again to return to the docks where we will be free to spend the rest of the evening as we see fit.

Sunday will have an earlier departure and we will be exploring through some fantastic twisty back roads before making our way back up

Hwy 97 to Bend for lunch.

After lunch, people will be free to break away on their choice route home - Santiam Pass or Mt Hood.

RESERVATION INFORMATION - YOU WILL NEED TO BOOK BOTH ITEMS!

HELLGATE BOAT TOURS - 1-800-648-4874
Ask to have your reservation added to Order # 845 in order for our group to be booked together
Price is $66 per person - Includes boat ticket & dinner - Gratuity is extra and appreciated by both the boat crew and dinner staff!

BEST WESTERN GRANTS PASS - 541-476-1117

Room block is under Oregon S2000
Price is $102.99 per room - Single King or Double Queen rooms are available.

The manager was nice enough to waive the shared room cost in case people wanted to split a room
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

Don’t miss out on this one!

…
…………………………………………†¦

---> The Drive Plan PDF will be e-mailed to the participants on Thursday, August 18
…………………………………………†¦

Weather Watch - Portland: Here

Weather Watch – Grants Pass: Here

Who's in?
… ... Aaron (Sabre – CO) & Shonda
… ... Huy (S2k RN) & Sandi
… ... Marc (S2000 Cabrio) + Rachel
… ... Ira (#172CR - CO)
… ... Doug (Tual06s2k) & Marjene
… ... Khang (khangaroo) & Alexis
… ... James (jcconnox) & Meg (Hotel only)
… ... Jeremy (snowwakerider23)(Hotel only)
… ... Tri (tri@pdx)(Hotel only)

17 People

All participants must show proof of a valid driver’s license and current insurance coverage. In addition they must agree to the drive rules and sign a waiver of liability form.
Thanks!

Ira and Aaron

.....S2Ki Oregon - The fun starts here! ...

Note:This is the Oregon S2000 Owners Forum. As such, our drives are exclusively for S2000s and their owners in Oregon and S.W. Washington.

Our drives are not open to the general public, which includes those who used to own an S2000, hope to own one, those with similar cars, or those who think the drive we've put together sounds fun and would like to tag along, etc.

We are not trying to be snobby here, but are trying to clarify what we are about – The fun and adventure of Honda S2000 ownership.

…..

Quick Reply: Rogue River Jetboat adventure - August 20/21