Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Third Annual Mt. St. Helens Drive & B B Q

Old 07-18-2004, 12:06 AM
wos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Third Annual Mt. St. Helens Drive & B B Q

It's that time of year again... time to begin pre-planning for our annual drive to MT. St. Helens followed by the after-drive BBQ.

The past 2 years we've held the drive & BBQ in September. We can do the same this year if doable for all, but wanted to get this thread posted early to see if September is preferred, or if we're to shoot for another month -- August, or early October. Additionally, the first drive event in 2002 involved Seattle owners meeting PDX folks at MT. St. Helens. Last year that was not the case -- I suspect due to the last minute planning of the drive (my fault). It'd be great if we could get the Seattle owners back for this years drive. Hence, the early planning this year.

Last year we had participating in the drive & BBQ....
>Eric
>Geoff
>Luke
>Will
....and joining in afterwards at the BBQ....
>Gavin
>Justin
>Marcus
....you can see we need to get more participating this year for a better event!

This year it'd be great if we could get as many as possible involved in the drive.... again, including those Seattle owners. The more on the drive, the merrier! This could be a blast if we can get as many S2K people as possible from the PDX and SEA-TAC area.

Here's what we need to start thinking about:

--> DRIVE/BBQ DATE (preferred & alternate choices)

--> BBQ FOOD & DRINK (food, drink choices & responsible parties & $$ donations)

--> BBQ PLACE (whose home will play host)

(Note: Though last year I had offered my place for this year's BBQ, that offer was ill advised as my house is not suitable as it has a postage stamp-sized backyard with no deck. I'm also currently in the process of remodeling my house preparing it for sale. So, other volunteers to be the BBQ host would be much appreciated.)

Start posting your thoughts and suggestions! Looking forward to the best yet MT. St. Helens Drive & BBQ.

Will
Old 07-18-2004, 03:23 AM

How about late August?
Old 07-18-2004, 01:03 PM
wos

Originally Posted by geppetto,Jul 18 2004, 03:23 AM
How about late August?
I'm certainly open for late August. We'll see what others chime in with for dates.

Glad you're considering joining us Sean, we definitely need a Suzuka Blue in the mix for this year's drive.... last year we had only black and silver S's.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:24 PM

you should post a link in the Seattle area to get some input from those folks.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:46 AM

I'm up for it. I will continue to check back here for updates.

Cheers.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:16 PM
wos

Portland area S2K owners, the following is what I posted moments ago on the Seattle page. For the time being, first half of September suits most of those who have posted. Sean, hope this works out for you should this be the chosen time. Chime in PDX folks....we need a few more of us to balance out with the SEA contingent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Brant: Good to hear you'll be joining us. Look forward to meeting you. Fellow Portland S2K owner and good friend, Christopher ("cbender"), speaks well of you.

Eric ("subzero"): Absolutely yes, guests are welcome.

Jason ("BBY2KS2K"): It appears the first-half of September will most likely work best at this point. Perhaps you can look into your work schedule and determine which might be best for you -- the weekend of the 5th or 12th.

"Ratgirl": Any idea which date works best for you -- the 5th or 12th?

As I'm sure all can see, it's looking like early September is the most promising. Once we have a few more chiming in, I'll post a decided-upon date.

The one essential need remaining at this point is where to hold the post-drive BBQ. Though we have a little time to figure this out, it'd be great if everyone planning to participate would give it consideration and post any thoughts.

Will
Old 08-05-2004, 09:09 PM
wos

Greetings All:

Given feedback I've received both online and off, as well as unexpected changes in my schedule, I have two (2) proposed dates to choose between.

1st choice: September 18

2nd choice: September 4

Of course, both these dates are Saturdays....just better all the way around than Sunday, I believe. Once we get one of these dates nailed down, we'll quickly hammer out the details for the BBQ.

If there's not a real preference for most, or there isn't much in the way of responses, we'll just plan on going with the 18th. But, we'll give it at least a week before making a final call on the date.

Best to all, and hope to see you on the road to MT. St. Helens!

Will
Old 08-07-2004, 06:31 AM

The 18th is better for me, as we've not yet made plans for Labor Day and that could interfere. But I'm hoping to join in regardless. Thanks for organizing this, Will. Sounds like fun.

Best,
CB
Old 09-01-2004, 08:10 PM
wos

Greetings All:

'Sorry for the extended delay in posting an update for this drive event. I'm currently in the process of selling one house and buying another. My life is not my own right now.

Here's the plan, given the above noted house shuffle, the previously posted date of the Sep. 18th will not work for me as I'll be moving that weekend. And, the other posted date of the 4th...well, let's just say that was not a good idea to begin with.

Therefore, I'll propose one other date -- Sep. 25th. Should this date work, great. I'll then post the drive event details. If not, it's most likely best to bag the drive altogether.

So, does the 25th work for a drive to MT. St. Helens? Chime in!

Look forward to hearing from everyone.

Will
Old 09-02-2004, 09:26 AM

The 25th would work for me, save foul weather, car problems, or other unforeseen events...

CB

Quick Reply: Third Annual Mt. St. Helens Drive & B B Q