Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Tires...what do you run?

Old 03-25-2016, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback!

In the end I decided to go for the $70 Michelin rebate offer and got the PSS mounted at Discount Tire today. Got to drive through the first layer of rubber first but I hope I like it on this car as much as I did on my last car. The kicker is I am thinking to use the S2000 deeper into wet winter this year so perhaps these tires will give me more confidence.

Now to sell rhe used set of tires...If anyone knows someone interested in RE760's with 8/32 tread left please let me know! Only have 3k miles on them.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:22 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I see I'm too late for my smart a$$ reply, but here it is anyway:

Put on whatever the current Dunlop Direzza Star Specs are and drive the hell out of them. By fall, if you drive hard enough and fast enough and long enough they're toast.

Then put on a set of some good sticky rain tire (sorry, I have nothing to suggest). By spring, if you drive hard enough and fast enough and long enough they're toast.

Repeat!

I don't think I know you, but those who do will vouch that I'm not being entirely serious here, but you get the idea. I think you made a great choice. Now all all that's left to do is to go out and enjoy your PSSs! And don't worry about it again until they're toast!...

Dean
Old 03-30-2016, 07:40 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by deanr
I see I'm too late for my smart a$$ reply, but here it is anyway:

Put on whatever the current Dunlop Direzza Star Specs are and drive the hell out of them. By fall, if you drive hard enough and fast enough and long enough they're toast.

Then put on a set of some good sticky rain tire (sorry, I have nothing to suggest). By spring, if you drive hard enough and fast enough and long enough they're toast.

Repeat!

I don't think I know you, but those who do will vouch that I'm not being entirely serious here, but you get the idea. I think you made a great choice. Now all all that's left to do is to go out and enjoy your PSSs! And don't worry about it again until they're toast!...

Dean

Old 04-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken1997tl
Michelin Pilot Super Sports. They're grippy wet and dry, low road noise and seem to absorb the bumps much better. A very composed ride combined with excellent grip at a reasonable price? I'm sold.
Just ordered a set today. $70 rebate made them cheaper than the RE760Sport and just a bit above the DZ102. They'll be here just in time to break them in before the drive next week

Old 04-06-2016, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm using Michelin PSS tires, too. Cant go wrong and loved them.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tires are settling in and am finding the increased grip awesome. Better braking too...for some reason a semi truck decided to pass a bicyclist while both were going uphil around a blind corner on Thompson. Luckily I saw what was happening in time to aim for edge of road and slam on brakes. ABS activated but based on what I remember the car's characteristics on the RE760 when I was bedding some new brake pads in, ABS would have been kicking in even more for the rapid reduction in speed I needed today.

Moral of the story? Not much but it's always good to have good tires and fresh pads!

Of course, the summer like weather this week means that if I was shopping for tires now I would have bought tires in the 200 tread wear category and not even thought about getting tires that would let me safely push deeper into wet fall/winter...!