Ottawa S2000 Owners Ottawa Canada and area

Hello From Smiths Falls

Old 07-07-2008, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello From Smiths Falls

Just wanted to say hi.

Just picked up an 02 berlina black. Have allways wanted an S, and finaly got one a couple weeks ago. Pritty new to these cars so im sure you will hear alot of questions from me in the next few weeks!

I see you guys have alot of cruse nights in the Ottawa area so will have to get out to a couple and see what you have done!
Old 07-07-2008, 06:00 PM

Welcome. Feel free to come up whenever we have a night planned. Its a great group of guys here, and we all have something a little special
Old 07-07-2008, 06:28 PM

know what i found out after i bought mine? you tend to spend a lot of money! honda did get it right, but they should have hired a few of the s2ki guys to make the final tweeks. this groups won't steer you wrong.
if you are looking to make changes, post your thoughts here. this group has probably done it already or fully researched it and decided not to do it.
they will be happy to let you know before you spend the dough.
welcome aboard.
keep checking the site for meets. also SF has some nice twisty roads out that way. if you have a bbq and a safe place to park, let us know.
enjoy your new ride. i hope you find out like i did, you have chosen well.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:32 AM

No problem with questions. Active in this forum there are people that have experience in everything except full on custom turbo. (There is one of those in Ottawa too, but don't see/hear about it often). The car doesn't need it, but it's fun to tinker.

Surprisingly there quite a few S2000 autocross/track guys around the area now too, for more than spirited driving advice too.

Anyways, welcome. I'm glad there are more active people than just us old guys.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah even a couple crazy guys that installed his own superchargers, crazy!

Welcome, I'm heading to SF tonight or tomorrow..... I'll wave if I see you, I'll be in a titan though
Old 07-08-2008, 01:02 PM

thanks for the kind welcome.

I know what you guys mean about spending $ on these things. spent a few k in a couple weeks on wheels/tires, intake, hood, front bumper, and hopefully exhaust in the next few days or so! but atleast I know its all going to a good place!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:33 PM

welcome matt! good to see another black one
Old 07-10-2008, 05:02 AM

Welcome aboard . You should definately try to come to one of our Ottawa cruise... Rich needs a black S companion!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:48 AM

ohhhhh what a day I had today! took the car into Ottawa today and went into best buy/ future shop on merrivale to come out and find not one but two nice dents in both sides of the car! I did not think that I could have parked any further away from cars, but I guess I was wrong! the drivers side fender has a nice mark and the pass door is scraped and dented pritty good! well one more thing to spend $$$ on! there was a guy in a 350z that was parked a few spots down who was standing there looking at marks in his car also....seems to me that there was somone doing this on purpose! this crap drives me nuts! then on the way home got pulled over for not having a front plate on my car..... $110.... was an expensive trip for me!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:03 PM

Wow I'm sorry about your misfortune today. Does that lot have surveillance cameras? There must of been someone that saw this happening

Quick Reply: Hello From Smiths Falls