Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

HKS Hi-Power Single Or Dual Exhaust Owners!

Old 07-29-2016, 09:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HKS Hi-Power Single Or Dual Exhaust Owners!

So after looking over a bunch of exhausts, I'm feeling set on the HKS Hi-power, deciding between the single or dual exit. Probably single. I may still be interested in an invidia, but for all of them, I really want to hear them in person. I live in Federal way so I'm in Seattle or around there. If anyone out here has these exhausts (preferably stock header but not a big deal) and doesn't mind taking me around a couple of blocks so I can hear the exhaust, I'd greatly appreciate it. Maybe I'll throw a burger or something in for your time. Let me know!
Old 07-30-2016, 05:14 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

That's the only way to determine if you can stand the noise.

The Invidia Q300 is their "quietest" exhaust. In quotes because it is deafening and you'll still hear/feel the drone even with hearing protection. Much louder than this and the ear bleeds will be real and not literary license. Lasted a month on my car based on "it's only a little louder than OEM" comments here. A buddy and I put this exhaust on our cars and both of us pulled them off.

I was never able to hear the Q300 on a car before purchase and have not heard the HKS High Power although it was recommended. The Tanabe Medalion Touring dual exhaust went on both our cars and is staying. I believe they make a single, too. About 93dBA sound level (Q300 was something like 105dBA!). Gentlemanly performance behind a high flow cat. Very nice performance sound at warm idle. No ear plugs needed. 221bhp at the rear wheels in my '06.

But don't take my word for it if you can find a car with the exhaust you're considering. Gotta hear it inside at cruising speed as well as street driving. You need more than an "around the block test" so hopefully you can find a buddy with what you're considering.

Both our cars are just a couple of miles off Interstate 90. But in Cleveland, not Seattle!

-- Chuck
Old 08-01-2016, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the HKS dual hasn't been shown to make any real power over stock. I don't know if this is a concern or not but just something to think about.

The HKS 75mm single is LOUD...and it drones. I read a bunch of reviews on here that said otherwise and I simply do not understand how anyone could think that it isn't loud/doesn't drone. If I did any sort of reasonable milage in my car a year it would have come off right away.

Now, I do live in Seattle and have the single (with a berk 70mm HFC) but....the car is in Portland as I currently have no parking for it. I will have it up here in 3-ish months if you haven't made a decision by then I would be happy to give you a ride.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the HKS Hi-Power dual exhaust on my S2000 AP1 - Year 2000.
I love it.
The dual exhaust maintains the "look" of the vehicle.
It sounds great and not too loud.
Has a great resonating low tone.