Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

need help from fellow s2k owners

Old 02-11-2015, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help from fellow s2k owners

helloh my name is mike, and im havin problems with my car. so ive been turboed for quite some time now. 3+ years. in that time, i have never really had issues with my tune or car stalling at idle. in the recent months and most frequently this month 2-3 time's a week at a stop light. the car would stall while idling or if i roll to a stop light and the rpms fall below 900. . its not a hard stall but kinda soft. sometimes i dont even notice it till light turns green......

anyways,.... i tried my best i could to try to fix it. i replaced all my spark plugs, threw in a fuel injector cleaner with full tank of gas, ive pulled the rc750cc injectors to have them dyno tested and see how they are flowing. but the test came back that they are 100% fully working the way there suppose to with a uniform spray pattern.

so now im clueless what else it could be????

i tried to plug in my obd2 scanner to see if it could pull a code. but nothing showed up. so now im really stumped????............

spark plugs good, injectors good, sensors seem fine no cel....

only thing i could think of now is maybe my ignition coil packs are out. but i have no way to test them.

i was wondering if anybody here on this board has an extra used set i can barrow for a week. if my problem goes away im more then willing to buy them off your hands + a beer or 2 or 3 lol

please pm if any body has an extra set laying around. im am located in federalway

thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully you guys or someone you know can get me back on the road..
Old 02-11-2015, 07:32 PM

i am by no mean an expert on this stuff but i experienced the same issue with my evo where it would stall at traffic lights and to prevent it i would just have to sit there and rev the motor just to keep my RPMs up (looks pretty ridiculous cuz ppl think your trying to race them) but either way i took it down to English racing, to see if they could sort it out, turns out there was an aftermarket high rise race cam installed by the previous owner. long story short he upgraded the cams but left the OEM valves rings and retainers so my timing was all outta wack. so im either gonna have to upgrade my valves springs and retainers or go back to the OEM cams.

now ill get to my point lol. considering you've been turboed for a while and this problem just kinda gradually cam outta no where. then perhaps you may just need to getta valve adjustment.

once again this is merely a suggestion, weather that is the issue or not i hope you can find the problem and get things sorted out.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:08 PM

Check your fuel pump and fuel filter. This is a fuel problem since you have spark obviously and your car is running then just stalls out. Idk how long have you had the car for what kind of fuel you have been running and all I can say is that it more then likely it's a fuel problem.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by NeimanB87
i am by no mean an expert on this stuff but i experienced the same issue with my evo where it would stall at traffic lights and to prevent it i would just have to sit there and rev the motor just to keep my RPMs up (looks pretty ridiculous cuz ppl think your trying to race them) but either way i took it down to English racing, to see if they could sort it out, turns out there was an aftermarket high rise race cam installed by the previous owner. long story short he upgraded the cams but left the OEM valves rings and retainers so my timing was all outta wack. so im either gonna have to upgrade my valves springs and retainers or go back to the OEM cams.

now ill get to my point lol. considering you've been turboed for a while and this problem just kinda gradually cam outta no where. then perhaps you may just need to getta valve adjustment.

once again this is merely a suggestion, weather that is the issue or not i hope you can find the problem and get things sorted out.

^^^ lmfao wow bro, this is exactly what im doing every where to prevent it from stalling LOL. every light im rev-ing and everyone looks at me like im about to launch the car hahaha.... if i dont rev to about 1200-1500 and it falls below 900 and im not on gas. the car will stall sometime lol

i look so stupid when i roll up 2 a light and 4 get 2 rev lol. it dies alot......

ive read some where that maybe replacing a main relay could possibly fix the issue. is this true has any1 ever ran into this problem??? my car is getting to the 110,xxx mile mark.

i also notice that i never have this problem when the car is cold started. it only happens after the car has been warmed up..
Old 02-11-2015, 09:20 PM

yeah im startin to lean towards it could be a fuel problem. the filter is installed on the pump with a walrbo 255. it was brand new 3years so i doubt that could be it.. i only pump chevron or 76 92 octane. thats what the car was tuned for.

i might try gambling and just buy a new main relay.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:46 AM

I have a set of ap1 coil packs if that will help you. Dunno what year you have but you could borrow them if you're below 2005.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

I had similar symptoms a couple summers ago and a zip tie around the map sensor fixed it, but my car is naturally aspirated. Maybe it just needs to be retuned.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Definitely check the fuel pump. Just because it is newer doesn't mean it couldn't fail or clog. Have the tune checked as well as something could be off and maybe it isn't getting enough fuel. Clean sensors like the MAP and TPS etc. Finally find and use capital letters at the beginning of sentences lol.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:58 PM

If it's not your fuel pump then it will be the map sensor. Ask around if you can find someone with a map sensor and swap it out real quick and you'll see.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:18 PM

( Finally find and use capital letters at the beginning of sentences lol. )

^^^ LOL....

So after pulling my main relay and not finding any hair line cracks. Only things left are the map sensor and fuel pump that could be outa wack. But i can hear the fuel pump prime before i start the car. so either i have a bad connection like ground, power, etc causing the pump to lose power / fuel pressure randomly or my map sensor is out.

My map sensor is a 4 bar hondata... Has anyone ever own 1 of these and have them go out on you? and if so doesnt it at least trip a CEL light?....

Quick Reply: need help from fellow s2k owners