S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/pacific-northwest-s2000-owners-36/)
-   -   NORTH END WEEKLY MEET - Mill Creek 7pm at China City (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/pacific-northwest-s2000-owners-36/north-end-weekly-meet-mill-creek-7pm-china-city-828526/)

urBan_dK 11-10-2010 09:31 AM

Applebee's won't know what hit them. If we can keep this all going through next summer, we could definitely talk about a place that has outdoor seating.

One place would be Azul's in the Mill Creek Town Center.

s2000Junky 11-10-2010 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by urBan_dK,Nov 10 2010, 10:31 AM
Applebee's won't know what hit them. If we can keep this all going through next summer, we could definitely talk about a place that has outdoor seating.

One place would be Azul's in the Mill Creek Town Center.

I've considered that place, and though not out of the question, it is small, always busy and parking isn’t the best. Boston’s has a much larger outdoor patio...so I would say if this is the area we are looking, this might be a stronger choice for the summer.

urBan_dK 11-10-2010 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky,Nov 10 2010, 11:37 AM
I've considered that place, and though not out of the question, it is small, always busy and parking isn’t the best. Boston’s has a much larger outdoor patio...so I would say if this is the area we are looking, this might be a stronger choice for the summer.

You're totally right about it always being crowded. Never been to Boston's though...

blacknwhite 11-10-2010 11:28 AM

Azuls carne asada is really damn good. Paired with an Azuls lemonade and you have a great meal.

powdertrax 11-10-2010 11:44 AM

it's a little farther north , but evt has a new BOB'S BURGER AND BREW next door TOP FOODS. It has a nice outdoor area and until Monday night football is over, it shouldn't be to busy

powdertrax 11-10-2010 11:52 AM

junky , it sounds like you've got plenty of people interested on meeting, but you may need to take a poll on a location in the greater Evt/Mill Creek area.

My two cents go towards an outdoor seating area,good food/drinks and good parking (as you said not Azuls). Have you ever been to McMinimums in Silverlake ?

WestSideBilly 11-10-2010 02:09 PM

My totally unwanted 2 cents:

Monday? :thumbup:

6PM? :thumbdn: Too early for anyone that is more than a mile away, I would think. 6:30 works for Redmond, but half the people arrive after 7.

Applebees? :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn:

Applebees in Bellevue *only* worked because of Vicki, most of those chain places do not like large groups where people trickle in and leave at random times. Have you talked to the Monday night manager? 4-10 people who all arrive at different times....

I won't even get into the... "food"... :barf:

I have a lot of Monday hockey games in Kirkland and Everett, would be inclined to stop by for dinner on the way, but probably not at Applebees. :shrug:

integrapunk67 11-10-2010 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by powdertrax,Nov 10 2010, 01:44 PM
it's a little farther north , but evt has a new BOB'S BURGER AND BREW next door TOP FOODS. It has a nice outdoor area and until Monday night football is over, it shouldn't be to busy

Dude I don't wear Kevlar when I drive the S.

:D

s2000Junky 11-10-2010 06:00 PM

Powertrax I think it best we don't stray too far from Mill creek area, this is obviously a hot spot for a Northend meet by the interest reflected in this thread. I am totally with you on the outdoor seating. The alternative that can accommodate us, which has a large outdoor patio for summer and better food inmop is Bostons down in the Mill Creek Town Center.

Westsidebilly I hear you on the food and time. I would be down to bump it up to 6:30 or 7pm if that works better for people to make it to this location in time. Obviously this is all an experiment until we actually see who shows up and consistently. But I want to have a solid plan/place for people to come the first time is my goal, so that things have their best chance at taking off as a solid weekly meet.

Here is a link to Bostons, let me know what you guys think about this place/location and if a later meet time such as 6:30-7 works better. http://www.bostonsgourmet.com/home/

^^^ I talked to the manager here and he would love to have our buisness. They have a open seating bar and very large outdoor patio on that side. On the other side is the dining room which also has a outdoor patio. This can be reserved for us if needed every Monday, but no reservations can be had on the bar side. The more I think about it, this place seems to be a better choice. Please vote yah or nay ...or you don't care you will go to either one.

s2000Junky 11-10-2010 06:06 PM

Bostons 6:30pm :thumbup: :thumbdn: ???