Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Seats were stolen

Old 07-22-2016, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So a little update with my seats that were stolen and seatbelt that was cut. I finally had time to try and tackle installing the seatbelt and taking a look at the wiring to the seats. I started removing panels to get to the seat belt retractor and gave up. I didn't want to break any tabs off of the roll hoop covers. In my old S2000 someone had broken them and they never went back together right. So I took it to Honda. They gave me a quote for $250 to install the seatbelt that I would provide them. I thought that was a little high but needed to get it done. They said it would only be a couple hours at the most. Since I had the seat unbolted and some of the interior panels already undone I thought it would cut down on the time they needed. It ended up taking all day. I stopped back by when I thought it would be done and they had both seats out, most of the panels behind the seats, the center console, shift knob, and the panel in the trunk so you could see right through to the back. I thought that was overkill but they are the experts.
Well they get it back together, charge me $385 because it took longer plus shop supplies and they didn't even mount the seat or put the paneling I removed back on. I figured it must be because I removed them and if they put it back together they would be liable if there is something wrong.
Sorry for the long rant but I am just tired of the lack of customer service anymore. My family and I have bought cars from them for years and were always taken very good care of in the past. I think they have new owners so that must be it.

I can mount the seat back in and finish the paneling but the seatbelt I bought didn't come with the bolt to mount it to the base of the passenger seat. Honda does not sell just the bolt, it comes with the whole seatbelt assembly. That would have been nice to know before they installed it for me. Does anyone know what size and thread that bolt is? Or does anyone have one they would sell me? Also Honda doesn't sell just the wiring clips for the seats (airbag sensor wiring). You have to buy the whole wiring harness at $500 each.

All of this just because some punk kids wanted nice S2000 seats to put in their broke ass civic probably.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ITXLR8Z
Does anyone know what size and thread that bolt is? Or does anyone have one they would sell me? Also Honda doesn't sell just the wiring clips for the seats (airbag sensor wiring). You have to buy the whole wiring harness at $500 each.

All of this just because some punk kids wanted nice S2000 seats to put in their broke ass civic probably.
Sorry to hear about all of the hassle you have been going through. I was just looking into replacing drivers side seat belt due to poor retractor performance. I might just leave it for now.

As far as the seatbelt bolt, if you can pull the drivers side bolt(assuming it is still there) why not bring that to Tacoma Screw and see if they can match it up. Thats where i go when i need bolts. I doubt it would cost a lot. If you remove it make sure it fits both sides.
I cant help you with the wiring cluster, good luck
Old 12-21-2016, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess I will join the club and had my seats stolen... now looking for some ap1 seats. Just in time for the holidays