Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Soft Top Replacement Help

Old 04-09-2017, 05:08 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Soft Top Replacement Help

Hey all,

I have been slowly working on my new (to me) 2008 S. One topic I need to address is that I have the normal wear holes behind the passenger and driver. I am planning on patching them for the time being.

I have also been researching the possibility of just replacing the top with a Robbins cloth top. I have read through the DIY but it looks like something best done with someone who has done it before. To that end I am looking to see if there are any locals with experience in this that would be willing to help (for a fee as well). I can host and should have most (if not all) of the tools required to do the work.

Let me know.

-Jason
Old 04-10-2017, 06:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just take your time. It isn't difficult, just time consuming. I think dealers charge about 8 hrs for this. It took me a week to do it working 2-3 hours a day.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its pretty daunting. You gotta pretty meticulous about it to have it close and seal properly. Like Max said, just take your time. Be patient with it.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:22 AM

Just as an FYI, I decided to take it to a professional to have the top replaced. I realized I just do not have the space in my little garage to do this work comfortably and any little mistake can be a big issue. I took it to Convertibles Only in SODO and Les did an amazing job on it!! I got a GAHH cloth top and it looks gorgeous!
Old 10-05-2017, 01:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwzimm
Just as an FYI, I decided to take it to a professional to have the top replaced. I realized I just do not have the space in my little garage to do this work comfortably and any little mistake can be a big issue. I took it to Convertibles Only in SODO and Les did an amazing job on it!! I got a GAHH cloth top and it looks gorgeous!
any pics of the gahh top and material type?
Old 10-05-2017, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by speedcat
any pics of the gahh top and material type?
Honestly it looks like every other cloth replacement top. GAHH uses the same Stayfast cloth to manufacture their tops.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by jwzimm
Little late to this party, but I'm curious on what you paid for a soft top replacement.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sneec
Little late to this party, but I'm curious on what you paid for a soft top replacement.
Most likely way north of $1000. Probably somewhere around $1500 being as most soft tops themselves are $600-800
Old 05-14-2018, 07:28 PM

I can do soft top jobs in a few hours I also charge fairly for my time. I’ve done a lot of tops so far and the guys know this on the FB page. If you’d like to get this done just message me I can help you out and save some money
Old 05-02-2019, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by roscoe
I can do soft top jobs in a few hours I also charge fairly for my time. I’ve done a lot of tops so far and the guys know this on the FB page. If you’d like to get this done just message me I can help you out and save some money
Probably a long shot since this thread is pretty old but I’d like to see if you’re still offering your services? Tried to PM you but seems like your inbox is full. Anyone know if roscoe’s FB page he’s talking about?

Quick Reply: Soft Top Replacement Help