Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Where can novice get area auto-x schedules?

Old 01-23-2004, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can novice get area auto-x schedules?

I live in Silverdale, am about to move to Gig Harbor, and have a stock 2003 S2000. I've never driven in an autocross and am not an aggressive driver on the street. I did go to Track Time's performance course last year after buying the car and had a blast, which got me interested in wanting to learn to really push my car.
I'm interested in Autocross and would like to watch a competition and then try one out. What's the best way to find events in the Seattle/Bremerton area?
I've seen last year's autocross thread and got some leads, but would like some more input. I think there's a member's only "Slush-something" at Bremerton in a few weeks, so maybe I'll see if they'll just let me watch.
Thanks.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:54 PM

Hello,

Welcome aboard.

For all your auto crossing events, go to:

www.wwscc.org

Its the Western WA Sports Car Council website. Click on the "calendar" icon on the left to see the events coming up.

The next event is on Feb. 8th, at Bremerton. It is the "pre-season" right now, AKA the "Slush Season". You need to be a member of an area club like SCCA or WWSCC to join. Its pretty easy to becomen a member, just follow the links on the website above. If you will be an AX member, it pays to be a member of a club, because you get a slight disount at the event entry fees.

Most buy an SCCA membership, but its totally up to you. WWSCC puts on good events (though they have their own classing) and I like them since they also use Boeing other than just Bremerton.

You need to meet Steve, aka "Pedal Faster" on the board. He's one of the fastest and most serious S2K AX'ers. He might not reply for a bit, I think he is racing in first SCCA National Tournament in AZ. Oh wait, you also have to meet the Bauer's, they are the fastest drivers and great people who race spec Miata's as well as an 04 S2.

Hope to see you there! Just say hi to any of the S2K people you see.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi there. Good to see another S2k in the area interested in autox. No reason to watch an autox, jump in and drive! It's the best way to learn car control at the limit safely.

I'll likely be at the next slush run at Bremerton Feb 8. Join one of the local clubs or SCCA then register on line.
I'm silver #32. Find me and I'll be happy to answer questions and help you out.

- Michael
Old 02-02-2004, 12:59 PM

Since my Spec Miata is in about 1000 pieces right now trying to get it ready for the road race season I'm probably going to be lame and just run my S2K in Street Tire in the afternoon... (EDIT - I'll be in a yellow Porsche Boxster S in Pro1). Ron will be off in the middle of nowhere at the SCCA convention (Kansas City) since he's a SEB member now (Solo Events Board - does the nationwide Solo II classing)

Definitely come check it out! If you come to a SCCA event later in the spring you can ride along with someone (WWSCC insurance doesn't allow it).

Annie
Old 02-02-2004, 08:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw my name mentioned, so I figured I'd pop in and say hi. Nothing to add except for that the only reason I'm one of the fastest and most serious local S2000 autocrossers is because most of the rest of them all left for other classes.

Steve