Photography and Videography Tips, techniques and equipment for taking great photographs and videos. Come here for advice and critique on your photos and videos. To show off your S2000 go to The Gallery

Canon service centers - can we just walk in ?

Old 07-14-2010, 11:27 AM

Received 783 Likes on 433 Posts

Just curious, as I recently sent my Nikon in for service.

I went to the shop that I buy all my gear from, and they handle shipping and everything as part of the service. I would think they would do this for Canon as well. I'm trying to figure out the difference, if any, of dropping it off at a Canon facility, if they are shipping it to another facility anyway.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So I called up Canon to check up on the repair/calibration progress. They told me that my body is getting calibrated in one department and my two lenses are getting calibrated in another, after which they'll ship it back to me.

I thought the point of me sending in my body and the lenses was so they can test them out together to make sure my gear as a whole work perfectly. If they just get my body and lenses within the possibly wide tolerance range (it might have already been in the range before they worked on it), it may be off again, no?