Photography and Videography Tips, techniques and equipment for taking great photographs and videos. Come here for advice and critique on your photos and videos. To show off your S2000 go to The Gallery

New Nikon Coolpix P80

Old 05-13-2008, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Nikon Coolpix P80

I just bought this camera. This is my first camera of this type of power. I thought it would be a good start for me being a huge noob of photography at the moment. As much as I wanted a DSLR camera, I felt I was too much of a noob for me to have one. I'm doing as much research as I can understanding basic things and started using the macros a bit for some practice. Still trying to understand shutter speed as it is a little difficult to understand. I don't really have nothing to compare to as this being my first camera of this caliber and all I've had previously were P&S cameras. Well, the P80 is still considered a P&S but it is the closest to having a DSLR for half the price IMO.

I haven't had any issues with anything but I have only had it for a day. All in all, I am really enjoying it and seems to have everything a DSLR suppose to have minus being able to change lens. If you guys have any thoughts, comments, or questions feel free to ask. I am still learning so I would love to hear from the pros as well. Here are a few macro shots I took. I thought they came out nice.

EDIT* - As I look at the pictures on here, it looks alot clearer and more define off my camera. I believe it is just due to the upload that has toned it down a little. It truly does look better though and these don't do it justice. Anyways, you can get an idea of how it looks.

And what were the chances of shooting for the first time and seeing this...