Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

Calgary's traffic is so bad!

Old 06-02-2003, 04:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Calgary's traffic is so bad!

Anyone notice how bad traffic is getting? Getting on the roads these days is really undesireable when you are stuck in traffic crawling along.

Perhaps if the damn city can hire American civil engineers that can actully design off-ramps, it might be a bit better. On "freeways" there are off-ramps but then there are 4 sets of lights in the intersection. Crowfoot has a lot of these now. Who is the dumbass that designed these pieces of crap. Why can't they build off ramps like how US cities have them? What a waste of concrete.

The only really nice intersection is on Glenmore and Crowfoot, now that is a off ramp system.

At this rate, might as well get an econbox beater and crawl in traffic and leave the S at home for weeknights since traffic on the weekends is just aas bad.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I know what ya mean. For all of last week, I was doing a course at Fire Training. Cross town traffic ......................
Another interesting thing was driving through the "HOOD". Everyone's gawking at me like they've never seen an S2000 before. Former, you gotta head out to Forest Lawn a bit more so they get used to seeing stuff like this.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha i agree, me and a friend were trying to get down to see koala's new exhaust, we had about almost 2 hrs but when we got onto john laurie and saw how much traffic there was, we decided to head back to school, its horrible, its like rush hour works all the way from 3-7pm, its BAD!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 06:01 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Calgary traffic is getting worse and worse day by day, yet it is the drivers that are just as bad. As a side note, some of you may have heard City hall's approval of the new "ring road" that will commence construction next Spring. Here's the deal. The first stage of the road will link the North end of Deerfoot with the North tip of Stoney Tr. Great idea, except there will be *no* interchanges. Each of the 6 intersections on that section of ting road will be goverened by traffic lights. How does that accomplish anything? I agree with Former. City engineers are far too traffic light heavy in this City, and therein lies the problem.

My 2c
Asif
Old 06-03-2003, 10:51 AM

Another interesting thing was driving through the "HOOD". Everyone's gawking at me like they've never seen an S2000 before.
I know what you mean...I work in the industrial park and I take a short drive everyday at lunch. The only place without the big 18 wheelers that's close is Forest Lawn/Erin Woods. Not the most scenic of routes but the car sure does tun some heads.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:26 AM

Had the pleasure of experiencing your traffic Sunday night and Monday. I must say it's busier than Edmonton and definitely IMO busier earlier. I was on Deerfoot and others, 6 -6:30 am Monday and it was already well on it's way to busy! Edmonton at 6:30 is still a good time for the S.

What really stuck out (maybe just wrong place/time) was the 18 wheelers changing lanes like an LA merge! Run & Gun - thank G-D the S moves quickly - one pick up wasn't so lucky. This happens here to but I saw about 3 in a row.

We're both still a lot better than rush hour in Toronto or Vancouver.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:28 AM

Originally posted by ARCHS2K
We're both still a lot better than rush hour in Toronto or Vancouver.
Ain't that the truth. Everything's relative, eh? If it ever gets as bad as Vancouver, I'm leaving.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:47 PM

Are we really better than Vancouver?? I heard the traffic in it is very efficient, I have never driven in the city but have heard from a bunch of people. Some thing about how they have a really efficient public transportation system so lots of people dont' drive and the roads are a lot less clogged up.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by HeLLSpiRE
Are we really better than Vancouver?? I heard the traffic in it is very efficient, I have never driven in the city but have heard from a bunch of people. Some thing about how they have a really efficient public transportation system so lots of people dont' drive and the roads are a lot less clogged up.
Don't be fooled by the fact that a lot of people use their rapid transit system. They need it and then some. On most trips to Vancouver, the bumper to bumper traffic begins around Surrey and just gets slower and slower as you get closer to Greater Vancouver. AND THIS IS AT 11 IN THE MORNING ON A WEEKDAY!
Old 06-03-2003, 03:25 PM

I know what you guys mean! And I can not stand rush hour traffic!!! I seriously go CRAZY!!!! LOL

So I refuse to plan anything between the hours of 4-6pm everyday!

Quick Reply: Calgary's traffic is so bad!