R&C Parts For Sale Used parts for sale by members only
Mark this thread as Unsold

2001 S2000 Perfect track/auto x candidate!

Old 07-20-2016, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 S2000 Perfect track/auto x candidate!

Cross posting this since I'm not sure how much traffic the car for sale section. PRICE IS 110% NEGOTIABLE If you don't like the price, then feel free to tell me I'm crazy and make an offer.

The time has come to part ways with my S2000. I lusted after one of these for a very long time and had planned to build this car up to be my backup track car/summer cruiser. Unfortunately I have lost one of my winter storage locations and really just don't have the heart to cut this car up for a roll bar and other track parts. I have autocrossed the car twice.

I bought this car in December of 2013 making me the 4th owner. The 2nd and 3rd owners were members of this forum. The 2nd owner used it as a commuter car I believe and racked up the majority of the mileage and at some point the motor unfortunately grenaded on him. At that point the car was sold to the 3rd owner who replaced the engine, transmission, clutch, flywheel and top and then used it as a weekend cruiser and kept it stored in a garage when not in use. Due to moving, the 3rd owner put it up for sale at which point I purchased it as my 3rd car. On to the good stuff...

Third Owner: hooptie157 (Original for sale thread here)

Chassis Mileage: 181,xxx
Engine mileage: approximately 65,000

Interior - 8/10 Shows typical wear for age. Drivers seat foam is somewhat compressed on the outer bolster, but there are zero rips or tears in the leather. Carpet is a little faded.
Exterior- 7/10 Shows typical wear for age/mileage. Some paint chips and scratches, front lip was spray painted with pain from paintscratch.com and is not a perfect match. There is a scape/dent in
the drivers quarter panel thanks to an oblivious soccer mom in an SUV whacking it with her door in a parking lot. Top has no rips or tears.
Mechanical - 9/10 Everything just works, no strange noises or feelings. Car makes good power, transmission shifts like butter.

Modifications:
***I have paypal receipts from the third owner for the engine, transmission and top***
Approximately 50k mile engine installed at approximately 170k miles
Berk High Flow Cat
Comptech intake (one of the previous owners really hacked up the airbox, so I removed it due to poor fitment and just run it as a short ram basically)
Lightweight crank pulley (installed by previous owner, I have really wanted to switch back to stock but I haven't gotten to it)
Top replaced with glass window version (Robbins)
AP2 Transmission
Science of speed clutch
Science of Speed LW flywheel
Puddymod reinforced rear differential
Eibach Adjustable Front Sway Bar (previous owner added a 3rd adjustment hole to try and make slightly stiffer)
Saikou Michi Dual catch can
CSF aluminum radiator (stock one split an end tank last summer)
Mishimoto oil cooler using Mocal 200 degree sandwich plate (increases capacity by about 1 quart)
Challenge Delrin Offset Front Upper control arm bushings (not installed, but sitting in a spare set of UCA's waiting to go in)
Moddiction Shift Knob
Alpine USB/Bluetooth/CD headunit
AP2V1 wheels
Bridgestone RE-11A tires (8k miles, 2 autocross events)

Asking $11000 OR BEST REASONABLE OFFER. I am absolutely open to discussing sale price. The car spends the majority of it's time in Rhode Island, but my parents live in New York (zip code 10940) and I am down there somewhat frequently, So the car can potentially be seen in other area.

top down by Nathan Bookbinder, on Flickr

drivers side by Nathan Bookbinder, on Flickr

passenger side by Nathan Bookbinder, on Flickr

rear by Nathan Bookbinder, on Flickr

front end by Nathan Bookbinder, on Flickr

engine by Nathan Bookbinder, on Flickr

drivers top by Nathan Bookbinder, on Flickr

passenger top by Nathan Bookbinder, on Flickr

trunk by Nathan Bookbinder, on Flickr

passenger seat by Nathan Bookbinder, on Flickr

drivers seat by Nathan Bookbinder, on Flickr

cluster by Nathan Bookbinder, on Flickr

center console by Nathan Bookbinder, on Flickr

hood chips by Nathan Bookbinder, on Flickr

dent by Nathan Bookbinder, on Flickr
Old 07-20-2016, 08:39 AM

I also have a spare cylinder head to go with the car, and it is getting a brake system refresh this weekend.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:51 PM

a honda challenge car that i am extremely interested in has come up for sale, price has been adjusted. still...feel free to make an offer.