R&C Parts For Sale Used parts for sale by members only
Mark this thread as Unsold

AP1 and AP2 Brake Ducts Are Here!

Old 03-15-2018, 07:40 PM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

Finished my rear brake ducts tonight. I'm really happy how they came out. Fitment is spot on and I think they look great. I got tired of all of the black that's on my car so I went the panda route. Coupled with my orange brake hose it should give my Berlina a little bit of pop when under the car.

I opted to use heat set inserts to put them together which makes them really cool and easily screw together. I also added some duct tape around the top edge to give it a nice tight seal. I should be able to do a test fit after the weekend, but I'm pretty sure they're going to fit well.

photo album upload
Old 03-15-2018, 07:45 PM

I'd like to thank everyone that has ordered thus far as well. The responses I've gotten have been very humbling and made all of the effort worthwhile. For the past two weeks both of my printers have been going 24/7! My goal is to keep making innovative products for our cars, while trying to keep them to affordable prices.

Once you guys install them, post some pics!
Old 03-15-2018, 09:56 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice work man. Using inventor? I would buy these if I didn’t make mine years ago when I didn’t wanna pay for the over priced wasp stuff.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:25 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Been away from S2K all week, those rear ducts look epic!!!
Old 03-16-2018, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by freq
Been away from S2K all week, those rear ducts look epic!!!
You know I'll make you a set, send me a text and we'll work something out
Old 03-16-2018, 08:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the most awesome part is that you are making the files for it public. Which I think is a huge contribution to the community. While I'm sure others would keep it for themselves (no issue with that), but just awesome that you are willing to let others use it.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
Nice work man. Using inventor? I would buy these if I didn’t make mine years ago when I didn’t wanna pay for the over priced wasp stuff.
I'm a little all over the place. 90% of my modeling in Creo, hard surface stuff in Catia, and flow analysis in Solidworks. Stress in Creo.

You should upgrade to mine
Old 03-16-2018, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by mojo_jojo77777
I think the most awesome part is that you are making the files for it public. Which I think is a huge contribution to the community. While I'm sure others would keep it for themselves (no issue with that), but just awesome that you are willing to let others use it.
I still need to get around to uploading the AP2 and rear ducts. I got a weird message from a vendor on Facebook asking when I'd upload the AP2 ducts. Upon further review they sell a similar product for Civics so I'm a little worried about them sweeping the rug from under me.

For the time being, anyone that has the means to make them themselves, contact me privately and we can exchange files that way. Order me a roll of filament to support the cause
Old 03-16-2018, 08:44 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Damn stress testing a product that will see little to no stress? Commitment haha. Mine r the exact same design but outa carbon. I also made my ducts in inventor and fished in Solidworks can’t remember it was a while back. But those rear ducts look cool. I was gana copy my Z06 rear ducts but looks like you got that covered. Il need those rear ducts after I put My front bbk on the rear
Old 03-16-2018, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
Damn stress testing a product that will see little to no stress? Commitment haha. Mine r the exact same design but outa carbon. I also made my ducts in inventor and fished in Solidworks can’t remember it was a while back. But those rear ducts look cool. I was gana copy my Z06 rear ducts but looks like you got that covered. Il need those rear ducts after I put My front bbk on the rear
I didn't run stress on these, but I have on plenty of my other designs. I do this for a living so it's become kind of a habit to see things through. I like to keep weight at an absolute minimum so 15 minutes of a simple load analysis goes a long way to optimization.

When you're ready, hit me up. I should be all caught up with orders by the end of the weekend.

Quick Reply: AP1 and AP2 Brake Ducts Are Here!