Rocky Mountain S2000 Owners Rocky Mountain Owners Club including Colorado

Help a service member

Old 06-22-2013, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a service member

Ok so my buddy is currently deployed and just found out that his wife has been cheating on him for the entire deployment. It's month 4. So he is about to start the divorce process. Well he has an s2k that has been sitting in his garage for about a year now waiting to be rebuilt(blown motor). So we stripped her down before deployment and planned on rebuilding her when we got back. But now more then likely he won't have the money to do this. He asked me a couple days ago if I could go move the car to a storage unit until he gets back(in November). Well I was hoping that I could have it finished for him before he gets back since his wife is going to be taking the other vehicle. At least he would be able to have his baby back. All I'm asking is if anyone would be willing to help me bring his s2k back to life. Any help is appreciated. I will post pics after I go pick it up
Old 06-22-2013, 01:35 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Would your buddy be happy if he knew you were posting intimate details of his personal life on an Internet forum for complete strangers to read?
Old 06-22-2013, 01:40 PM

Well This is what he posted on Facebook, so I'm not to worry about him getting to upset about it.

"Alright everybody the reason I am doing it this way is so that I dont have to explain the story over and over and this will be the quickest way to do this. Erika and I are getting a divorce. She has been cheating on me throughout this deployment I am on. Im asking my family and friends to please remove Erika from your facebook. The less I have to see her and deal with her the easier it will be for me. As for Erikas family and friends I would ask you to remove me for the same reasons. Thank you."

Look all I'm trying to do is help him out. If you want to criticize me that's cool but don't waste my time by posting it
Old 06-22-2013, 02:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

all that aside, a rough idea where the car is area wise would avail those within that area to maybe chime in if they can help.. not knowing where, it becomes.... gosh could if, but so.. hey, where's this all happening and.. hell... make a bbq out of it... hotdogs an maybe tease the heck outta him with a couple photo shoots an some scantly clad models... but... that's merely a suggestion...
Old 06-22-2013, 02:48 PM

Colorado Springs, co
Old 06-22-2013, 03:14 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Emaranhao
Look all I'm trying to do is help him out. If you want to criticize me that's cool but don't waste my time by posting it
All I did was ask a question. I did not criticize you. Had I criticized you, trust me, I would have plainly said what I thought of you. But I did none of that.

A bit overly sensitive, are you? (See... THAT is an example of criticism)

Good luck to your friend. Particularly with that bit about telling his friends and family who to unfriend on FB. LOL!
Old 06-22-2013, 03:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

then you may want to post up as well in that forum.. and good luck...

have you made an assessment of what all you may require.. given it a once over so to speak.. some may have ever so slightly old pieces even which may make a difference in costs, but still very useable wise...maybe make a list an post that so some can say, chit I got one a those I don't need it.. could help... turn it into a returning vet project and stuff.. idk
Old 06-22-2013, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ryuu
then you may want to post up as well in that forum.. and good luck...

have you made an assessment of what all you may require.. given it a once over so to speak.. some may have ever so slightly old pieces even which may make a difference in costs, but still very useable wise...maybe make a list an post that so some can say, chit I got one a those I don't need it.. could help... turn it into a returning vet project and stuff.. idk
Ya when I go get the car I will do that. Thanks
Old 06-22-2013, 05:17 PM

Actually, I'd be less concerned for the car and more concerned with his assets (savings, checking, liquid stuff). He should be on the phone with his JAG constantly.

(from a Marine of 11 1/2 years. I've seen this sort of thing happen too many times. )
Old 06-23-2013, 11:04 AM

Received 1,553 Likes on 922 Posts

Originally Posted by black_EM1
Actually, I'd be less concerned for the car and more concerned with his assets (savings, checking, liquid stuff). He should be on the phone with his JAG constantly.

(from a Marine of 11 1/2 years. I've seen this sort of thing happen too many times. )
More than agree with the above. (Ret USN) I have also lived long enough to see women years later come back and sue for military retirement. Even when member spent part of that time as a POW and wife got the $ while he was locked up.

Needs to make sure its a closed deal and she gives up any (possible) retirement. Need to check with a civilian attorney as a lot of JAGS do not specialize in that. I know, I was a Navy legal officer. Gotta play hardball.

Quick Reply: Help a service member