S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

cost for "decent" paint job dont want to drive spa

Old 04-27-2010, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cost for "decent" paint job dont want to drive spa

im looking at a spa yellow 01 for really cheap, no hate to spa owners but i cant stand yellow cars. Im thinking that since the car has had some issues (new motor, tranny, sus, 152,000 miles on body and that i would be getting a steal barring something major is wrong with it, that i would be better off just buying it and repainting it. im not looking for a show quality paint job or even an oem one, just something that looks decent and will hold up. I was thinking something along the lines of world rally blue or tangelo orange (not the real colors but something similar). Does anyone know if it would be possible to get a decent job for under 1K? ive heard maaco will do it for 250 but that they majorly suck and use only the lowest quality stuff. I know there is a paint/body subforum but lets be honest it is dead. thanks for any help guys.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spend an extra grand and buy a decent car in the color you want.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NikosX,Apr 27 2010, 07:00 PM
Spend an extra grand and buy a decent car in the color you want.
++

Buy a different car
Old 04-27-2010, 07:24 PM

wal mart, buy some flat black spray paint cans and DIY FTW!!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:37 PM

Buy the car, get full insurance with 0$ deductible, key the car, call in claim as vandalizm, collect check, take to a friend/soon to be friend paint shop, paint it what ever color you want, explain to insurance agent you got a good deal with premium car paint(act mature), call later to complain about bad service from insurance company, DONE...new paint, new car! Also avoid any conversation about fraud, it'll make you sound guilty. It works, just have to have a game plan. Good luck
Old 04-27-2010, 07:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will never get a decent paint job even near $1000. A decent paint job, (including jams and everything) would most likely cost around the $6000+ mark. Also there is no set price for a paint job. It depends on the shop you go to and where you live. If you dont like the color, its not worth buying it to just repaint this car. OEM paint ftw! Find the a color you can live with and get it. WAY less work and oem paint is top notch.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:51 PM

Full respray of the exterior for me to repair storm damage ran about 6 grand and that didn't even change the color. It was premium quality though with Sikkens paint.

maybe give a do it yourself like this a try? do matte white!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/26/how-to-...in-your-garage/
Old 04-27-2010, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is this I don't even...
Old 04-27-2010, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by J0eys2k,Apr 27 2010, 07:37 PM
Buy the car, get full insurance with 0$ deductible, key the car, call in claim as vandalizm, collect check, take to a friend/soon to be friend paint shop, paint it what ever color you want, explain to insurance agent you got a good deal with premium car paint(act mature), call later to complain about bad service from insurance company, DONE...new paint, new car! Also avoid any conversation about fraud, it'll make you sound guilty. It works, just have to have a game plan. Good luck
hahahahah. good idea mang. this convo never happened...

already have a 500 dollar ded. tho and dont want to pay anymore
Old 04-27-2010, 08:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J0eys2k,Apr 27 2010, 07:37 PM
lol insurance defrauder!

Quick Reply: cost for "decent" paint job dont want to drive spa