S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

Getting Full Body Re-sprayed - Any Advice?

Old 10-25-2017, 10:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are in the DMV area and want to get a nice paint job, there's a shop I can recommend. They have a great painter/body man and use really high quality paint. If you're gonna spend $5K you might as well get it done right at a good body shop instead of Maaco. They did some work on my RSX-S and I was pretty happy with the results. They work on a ton of modified and high-end cars. Shoot me a PM for the info if you're interested.

Last edited by Champ209; 10-25-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:23 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Champ209
If you are in the DMV area and want to get a nice paint job, there's a shop I can recommend. They have a great painter/body man and use really high quality paint. If you're gonna spend $5K you might as well get it done right at a good body shop instead of Maaco. They did some work on my RSX-S and I was pretty happy with the results. They work on a ton of modified and high-end cars. Shoot me a PM for the info if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer. I am not getting this done at Maaco. I am using D&V auto body in Sterling. They do work on some pretty high end stuff and from initial customer service to the fact that my good friend good his M3 painted there I think I am going to stick with them.

Also my situation isn't simple. I am having Geico pay for roughly half the panels and I am taking over those that didn't get damages in this incident. They already wrote a preimilary check in the name of the body shop.

My concerns revolve around getting my expectations right for what a 5K respray is supposed to look like and getting some other work done like (clear coating older head lights, perhaps seal tail lights again). Also will talk to them to see if they can do something about the "normal" rear bumper gaps.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:55 AM

Dropped the car off this morning. Saw a Blue S2k there too. Belong to anyone here?
Old 10-30-2017, 11:01 AM

Another question that comes to mind, since they are respraying the whole car,should I worry about the windshield frame that is under the black tape. I don't ever plan to take the tape off!
Old 10-30-2017, 01:35 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

RRT recommends D&V so I imagine you'll see quote a few S2k's while you're in that area. I'm surprised you're repainting the whole car for some rock chips! They don't look too bad in the pictures at all.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:32 AM

Update:

So D&V sent over the final supplemental update. Final total is $4,951. They managed to get the trunk and a new front headlight included in the estimate. My rep said that he has $600 dollars for the one headlight. I can either get another matching one or he can apply those funds to my share of the "full" respray which at this point will be the right fender, Door and rear quarter + rocker panel on that side.

I am wondering if I should just have them polish and clear coat both headlights (they didn't want to guarantee this at all, said their clear coat is not designed for headlights). I have seen enough forum members do that to where I feel like it won't be such a bad move.

The only other thing to think about is perhaps after market headlights + new taillights. If I get my old lights back I could probably sell them for $500. They are only very mildly foggy. If anyone has any good suggestions for after market headlights or tail lights that they have tried, please do let me know.