S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

Got the S2000 fully resprayed. Care Tips?

Old 03-06-2018, 08:46 AM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Got the S2000 fully resprayed. Care Tips?

After a minor incident in a trackday I decided to fully respray the S2000.

What are the major care tips I should have? I've read that I shouldn't wash the car for the next 4-6 months. Is this correct?

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2018, 08:59 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you considered having a clear protection film applied to your front end, now that it's resprayed?

I can't answer your question on the duration of not washing the car. I'm sure your body shop would know.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:38 AM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

I would also ask the body shop regarding the next car wash, especially if you plan on using a pressure washer. Please don't ever take your S2000, or any car, to an automatic car wash...

Clear protection film is a good idea but that may also need input from the body shop on when it is safe to apply on a newly resprayed car. I would personally recommend applying a coating and washing by hand at least every other week, depending on how much you drive.

I plan on respraying my S2000 sometime this year. Do you mind sharing how much it cost? Before/after pics?
Old 03-07-2018, 08:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You can wash it but I've been told not to wax a new paint job for at least 90 days. If you wax it prematurely, you can trap solvents in the paint which will impeded the paint from fully curing.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im also in the process of mine getting a respray. I rent a garage and was heavily researching on rinseless washing. It seems legit. any input on that would be nice...
Old 03-08-2018, 02:07 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tagr09
Im also in the process of mine getting a respray. I rent a garage and was heavily researching on rinseless washing. It seems legit. any input on that would be nice...
Adam’s Polishes has some really good rinseless and waterless washes available.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Inspired
Have you considered having a clear protection film applied to your front end, now that it's resprayed?

I can't answer your question on the duration of not washing the car. I'm sure your body shop would know.
I did not consider the clear protection film but it it's a great option! No idea on price for that though. Regarding the washing duration I can wash right away but "pure" water.

Originally Posted by Midnightdennis
I would also ask the body shop regarding the next car wash, especially if you plan on using a pressure washer. Please don't ever take your S2000, or any car, to an automatic car wash...

Clear protection film is a good idea but that may also need input from the body shop on when it is safe to apply on a newly resprayed car. I would personally recommend applying a coating and washing by hand at least every other week, depending on how much you drive.

I plan on respraying my S2000 sometime this year. Do you mind sharing how much it cost? Before/after pics?
Automatic car was never hehe. Regarding the first wash they said I could with non mineral water. I'm doing that. The first major wash will be done by them.

Regarding the price was 2000$. I will post the before/after pictures and the end of this post.

Originally Posted by .eric.
You can wash it but I've been told not to wax a new paint job for at least 90 days. If you wax it prematurely, you can trap solvents in the paint which will impeded the paint from fully curing.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Tagr09
I don't have feedback on rinseles wash

Originally Posted by The Q

Adam’s Polishes has some really good rinseless and waterless washes available.
Will check them.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:35 AM

Before:

After:

Old 03-16-2018, 09:35 AM

I will try to post better pictures when I arrive home. At office atm.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:11 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice! Did they spray the front fake vents gloss black or kept it matte?

Quick Reply: Got the S2000 fully resprayed. Care Tips?