S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

Grigio Scuro S2K

Old 05-13-2014, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grigio Scuro S2K

He guys, im currently doing a custom color swap to my S... will create a buildup thread once i have enought pictures to make it worth a thread... But ive been like crazy searching for an S2000 with this wonderful color...

Ferrari unique Grigio SCURO... its not Grigio Medio, nor battleship grey (both look very much alike) but havent seen a single Scuro S2K!!!!
The change is very more notable sin the Scuro in the dark looks SOOOO much darker, to my eyes even blackish and the others still look grey...

Will my S2K be the First? Before i believe this i wanted to ask here since this forums is the Holy Bible of S2K's everywhere

Here is the actually color on a Ferrari:

In the sunlight:
Name:  IMG_4954.jpg
Views: 4285
Size:  93.0 KB

And in shade, not much light place:
Name:  DSC_0299.jpg
Views: 1592
Size:  168.3 KB

Ive already bought the paint at local PPG.... and the results are just like the pictures... i couldnt believe such a drastic change, color looks so awsome in person...

Here is the paint, since a started with the engine bay, i bought a fraction of the paint just incase i didnt like the color, but i feel in love as soon i saw it...

Left: direct sunlight [noon], Right: Shade [sunset time]
Old 05-13-2014, 04:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a cool color but ty chavis already did it last year. It does look good on the right car though. Check facebook or Google his LS build and you'll see it. He's changing the color this year.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:01 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Not a fan, it looks like floor paint to me in sunlight, it looks better in dark conditions but I think it's too bland.

Ferrari paint colours are amazing, Ferrari red would be killer.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:27 PM

If it didn't change so much in light I would like. Love the 3rd picture.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Needsmorepower!
It's a cool color but ty chavis already did it last year. It does look good on the right car though. Check facebook or Google his LS build and you'll see it. He's changing the color this year.
Ive seen his, and initally i thought it was the same color, but no his is "Lamborghini’s Grigio Telesto Grey" Has the same efect in the dark like the battleship, and grigio medio... what i mean is that in the dark it still looks like the grey tone when it hit by sun light... The GRIGIO SCURO looks entirely different in the dark it looks almos blackish

Originally Posted by JFUSION
Not a fan, it looks like floor paint to me in sunlight, it looks better in dark conditions but I think it's too bland.

I totally get you, i thought that same thing.. but in person looks way much better... its that since it doesnt have a metallic finish... looks weird... but im looking for somes out of the box.. unique

Originally Posted by Dens2k152mph
THats what i like about it... make it look like a whole different car!

Thanks guys!!! so still in the hunt for a Grigio SCURO S2K!!!! Will mine be the first????
Old 05-14-2014, 06:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that you mentioned it. You're right I forgot that was the color.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:15 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You're really asking and are concerned with other people having an OEM Ferrari paint code on an S2000?

Next up - "Hey guys, has anyone painted their S2000 Heather Mist Metallic from the '96/'97 Honda Accord? I really want to be the first"

Or better yet - "Apple Green Metallic (2011 Hyundai Accent) S2000 - Will mine be the first?"

Seriously, if you like the color and you've already bought it why bother yourself with making a thread to see if you're the first? Build the car for yourself, not for others' opinion(s).
Old 05-14-2014, 08:01 AM

Hey if you actually read the inital post, I started saying that ive been searching for another scuro s2k... i want to see the pictures since i cant actually imagine how mine will come out, its maybe that im so excited that i went ahead and made a post to see if someone can help me find another... Im asking if I will be the first, not that I want an award for being the first bro.

Ive built, and am building my car under my specs and how I want it, just always been searching for another one and got tired so asking the forum for help finding another would be the next step.

You really have a way to make one sound like if im trying to be a showoff jerk.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:46 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Originally Posted by G2KS2K
Originally Posted by Needsmorepower!' timestamp='1400025936' post='23158756
Ive seen his, and initally i thought it was the same color, but no his is "Lamborghini’s Grigio Telesto Grey" Has the same efect in the dark like the battleship, and grigio medio... what i mean is that in the dark it still looks like the grey tone when it hit by sun light... The GRIGIO SCURO looks entirely different in the dark it looks almos blackish

Originally Posted by JFUSION

I totally get you, i thought that same thing.. but in person looks way much better... its that since it doesnt have a metallic finish... looks weird... but im looking for somes out of the box.. unique

Originally Posted by Dens2k152mph
THats what i like about it... make it look like a whole different car!

Thanks guys!!! so still in the hunt for a Grigio SCURO S2K!!!! Will mine be the first????
On the plus side the paint is so unique that it is cool looking. The uniqueness adds to the attractiveness of the car, and it sounds like that is what you are looking for. It has a cool Italian name too, I'm all for anything Italian, lol. Good luck with your hunt.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:48 AM

Love that color!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quick Reply: Grigio Scuro S2K