Installed a Topsonline Brand Canvas Top. - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Appearance > S2000 Body and Paint
Reload this Page >

Installed a Topsonline Brand Canvas Top.

Notices
S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

Installed a Topsonline Brand Canvas Top.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:25 PM

Default Installed a Topsonline Brand Canvas Top.

So, I recently noticed that Topsonline.com began to offer their own brand of tops. I was also pretty badly in need of one and wanted to switch to Canvas anyway.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-bo...t-top-1186218/

The Topsonline brand is about $190 cheaper than Robbins, but is made of the same material. This was my first soft-top install, and as most people recommend, I set aside a weekend to do the job. It took me about 10 hours, working slow and reviewing the video from Topsonline. Only a few things differed from OEM:
  • 2 stud holes in the back that were not marked in the correct place. I put the top on the studs to either side and punched a hole in the correct place.
  • The passenger side tab that fits under the weatherstrip at the back of the door didn't have a hole marked. I put it in place and punched my own hole.
  • The velcro-ed band that goes from the 4th bow to the 3rd is pretty tight. I could not get the top closed at first, so I un-ddid the pinch and gave it some slack by overlapping less of the velcro. It is still tight as you can see in the photos, I may get some 2-sided velcro to add another centimeter of slack if it doesn't stretch on its own.
And that it it. It was of impresively high quality for the price; and although I cannot compare to a Robbins or New OEM because this was my first install, the couple mis-placed holes were worth the $190-$600 I saved over those options.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:18 PM

Default Bolstering

Hey, did it have patches of extra material in the top rear corners where we typically get tears?
Old 09-20-2018, 12:09 AM

Did they by any chance say that Ace Headliners in Cali were their supplier? They made my custom TwillFast soft top for me and did a great job of it.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:32 AM

Answer is no to both questions above.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands