S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

Installing BaysonR Replica AP1 Lip

Old 02-10-2021, 08:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installing BaysonR Replica AP1 Lip

Hi all,

I've gone ahead and ordered a replica lip for my AP1 from BaysonR. From all of the research I've come across it's the most recommended replica lip. I've seen the discussions about using the OEM weatherstripping (which I also ordered) but has anyone ever attached this replica lip with OEM hardware? I'd like to prevent drilling unnecessary holes in the actual bumper if at all possible, but don't mind modifying the lip if needed. Also if anyone has comparison shots of an OEM lip vs the BaysonR rep and the original installation PDF (http://www.handa-accessories.com/S2000/s2kfuspoil.pdf is just a broken link now) that would be helpful too!

Thanks,
Old 02-10-2021, 11:19 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Made my own brackets out of stainless as the supplied stuff is crap, this attaches to oem holes on bumper that hold the liner
Old 02-11-2021, 06:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

woot! keep us updated on the fitment! The last time I looked ( a couple years ago), they stopped producing, but glad they're back!
Old 02-12-2021, 10:26 AM

Received 122 Likes on 99 Posts

I think you can still order OEM AP1 Lip Installation hardware from hardtopguy.com.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by dwb993
I think you can still order OEM AP1 Lip Installation hardware from hardtopguy.com.
Sweet, thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and snagged the mounting hardware. I'll take a look at the lip when I get it and see what I can do about retrofitting the hardware on it - should be an interesting project. It would be great if someone has a copy of the original installation PDF they can upload!
Old 02-19-2021, 06:12 AM

Update - just got the front lip delivered this morning. I guess BaysonR now ships them with mounting hardware already installed - no drilling the bumper needed! Here's a photo album of what I received, should anyone want to see what you'd get.
The following users liked this post:
dwb993 (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 09:51 AM

Received 122 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowPanzer
It would be great if someone has a copy of the original installation PDF they can upload!
Check this out: S2000.club [Install Guides and DIY Guides.]
Browse down to the Body/Exterior section for "Front Under Spoiler".
Old 06-12-2021, 09:28 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wanted to revive this thread since I had my own questions about the BaysonR lip.
  1. The lip came in with outer edges bent inward a bit (see first pic). I assume this is ok and the lip should just flex to fit on the bumper?
  2. If i want to paint it to match the car, would it be best to install it first and let it settle into the shape of the bumper? I'm afraid that if I paint it in it's current shape then bend and form it to fit the bumper, the new paint will crack.
  3. How is the fitment with the supplied hardware? Is is good or should i order the OEM hardware? I noticed that I received 4 screws instead of 2 screws plus 2 fender clips which it looks like the OP received. It looks like these just go in the 2 holes on each side of the lip where it wraps around into the wheel arch. Are these just supposed to be screwed directly into the fender liner at these points?
  4. For the fold out metal hardware, I assume I just remove the screws that are already below the bumper, and then just thread them back in through the holes in this hardware to install?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide some guidance.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would message them but I am pretty sure you are correct and those 4 screw are for the outside to attach.

Definitely fit the lip then get it painted. Also, check out ebay or hardtop guy for the oem rubber seal
Old 07-08-2021, 12:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mmckernan599gto
Wanted to revive this thread since I had my own questions about the BaysonR lip.
  1. The lip came in with outer edges bent inward a bit (see first pic). I assume this is ok and the lip should just flex to fit on the bumper?
  2. If i want to paint it to match the car, would it be best to install it first and let it settle into the shape of the bumper? I'm afraid that if I paint it in it's current shape then bend and form it to fit the bumper, the new paint will crack.
  3. How is the fitment with the supplied hardware? Is is good or should i order the OEM hardware? I noticed that I received 4 screws instead of 2 screws plus 2 fender clips which it looks like the OP received. It looks like these just go in the 2 holes on each side of the lip where it wraps around into the wheel arch. Are these just supposed to be screwed directly into the fender liner at these points?
  4. For the fold out metal hardware, I assume I just remove the screws that are already below the bumper, and then just thread them back in through the holes in this hardware to install?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide some guidance.

Any updates?

Quick Reply: Installing BaysonR Replica AP1 Lip